In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/04/2020 at 09:55, The Sitter In said:

Brilliant G&S skit from an obviously very talented individual:

That’s wonderful.  From the screenshot I initially thought it was Sir Patrick Stewart! 🤭☺️

• Like 2

So funny!!

I may now start moving around my flat in a series of grand jetés and bourrées with appropriate épaulement and perfectly pointed feet. And perhaps choose a different role for each room? Maybe Ondine in the bathroom (already has a watery theme); Cinderella in the kitchen (though sadly no fireplace); Tatiana in the sitting room (lots of books); Juliet, Mary Vetsera or Manon in the bedroom (no comment); Myrthe in the hall (can only move in a straight line, though I may have to move a bookcase first).

More seriously: when I think of what's happening outside right now - any Wayne McGregor role; when I think of those who have died - the Pie Jesu solo in MacMillan's Requiem; when I hope for the future - a role in Mark Morris' L'Allegro, il penseroso ed il moderato, the most profound expression of harmony, humanity and community.

• Like 4

Great initiative on the part of the Mikhailovsky.

The Royal Ballet itself has been slow to come up with anything. We know from Instagram that some classes are being offered to the RB dancers online but there has been nothing to remind us of the Company. Maybe this is because the activity is orchestrated by the ROH, but I think that the RB may be missing a trick here to keep their audience ‘with’ them.

• Like 7