In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bridiem said:

I think he needs to attend Tamara Rojo's class tomorrow morning... (the dog, that is, not Anthony Dowell). :)

Creature! 

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

I know!  I sometimes get the impression he would rather live there and visit me occasionally.  The people who run the kennels are real dog people and all the dogs are fussed over.

I use a cattery that I think my cat prefers to home 😂 Think he knows he’s totally secure but can see the outside without worrying about neighbouring cats or ducks harassing him. Also they pander to his need for a constant supply of food. 

• Like 3

One of the funniest things I've seen for ages is on iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00td8g6/bbc-proms-2010-sondheims-80th-birthday-celebration

It's the Sondheim Prom from 2010.  I never realised Bryn Terfel can do a mean soft-shoe shuffle.

There's also the John Williams Prom.   BBC 4 broadcast both concerts last weekend, I hope they continue with these more lighthearted programmes.

Linda

PS Dame Judi Dench makes an unbilled appearance singing Send in the Clowns from A Little Night Music.

Edited by loveclassics
P.S.
  • Like 1

TUFTVEVSIExPR08uanBn

English National Ballet Philharmonic come together for virtual rendition of Swan Lake 

Theatres across the country may have gone dark and shows have stopped for now but the English National Ballet Philharmonic are proving that the music can live on.  

Thirty-eight members of the orchestra ‘got together’ to perform an extract from Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake under the virtual baton of English National Ballet’s Music Director, Gavin Sutherland.

Gavin collated videos, which each of the musicians filmed at home, and produced the uplifting video which English National Ballet has shared on their online channels today.

Gavin said: “In these uncertain times the wish of an orchestra and its musicians is just to be together and play together. I hoped that providing a platform for our orchestra to work together at a distance would show that music will always unite and bring warmth and happiness even at the most difficult of times."

See English National Ballet Philharmonic performing the special working from home version of Swan Lake here, as well as other great ballet content from the Company on their YouTube channel.

www.ballet.org.uk/enb-at-home

-ENDS- 

English National Ballet is a National Portfolio Organisation supported by Arts Council England.

Notes to Editors

About English National Ballet 
English National Ballet has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1950 as London Festival Ballet by the great English Dancers Alicia Markova and Anton Dolin, it has been at the forefront of ballet’s growth and evolution ever since.

English National Ballet brings world class ballet to the widest possible audience through performances across the UK and on eminent international stages including The Bolshoi Theatre and Palais Garnier; its distinguished orchestra, English National Ballet Philharmonic; and being a UK leader in creative learning and engagement practice, building innovative partnerships to deliver flagship programmes such as English National Ballet’s Dance for Parkinson’s.

Under the artistic directorship of Tamara Rojo CBE, English National Ballet has introduced ground-breaking new works to the Company’s repertoire whilst continuing to honour the tradition of great classical ballet, gaining acclaim for artistic excellence and creativity. 2019 saw English National Ballet enter a new chapter in its history with a move into a purpose-built state-of-the-art home in East London which brings a renewed commitment to, and freedom for, creativity, ambition, and connection to more people, near and far, than ever before.
www.ballet.org.uk

About Arts Council England

Arts Council England is the national development body for arts and culture across England, working to enrich people’s lives. We support a range of activities across the arts, museums and libraries – from theatre to visual art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections. Great art and culture inspires us, brings us together and teaches us about ourselves and the world around us. In short, it makes life better. Between 2018 and 2022, we will invest £1.45 billion of public money from government and an estimated £860 million from the National Lottery to help create these experiences for as many people as possible across the country. www.artscouncil.org.uk

• Like 6

I don't know about a laugh, but hopefully this will make you smile. 😊

“Kensington Palace shares sweet video of royal children thanking healthcare workers.”

(Scroll down page if top video doesn't work to watch) 

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2020/03/27/kensington-palace-shares-sweet-video-of-royal-children-thanking-healthcare-workers/23963498/

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 1