In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

On 31/07/2020 at 07:56, Balletfanp said:

I think it was Annette Buvoli of the Royal Ballet. Only because she posted a clip on Instagram that looked like it was the same event.

yes that week it was Annette Buvoli, first artist at RB.   

These dancing outdoors events are happening weekly on either Sat or Sun depending on the weather at the Potemkin Theatre in Hoxton Docks.  Usually repeat shows 3/5/7pm.  Curated by RB first Soloist Valentino Zucchetti

There have been aerial artists, contemporary dancers and RB dancers involved.   This week I’ve seen Giorgio Garrett of ENB preparing a pdd with freelance ballerina (RBS trained) Paige Bestington.   

follow their IG for updates 

https://instagram.com/_distdancing_?igshid=ueh6oiqsnv4y

• Like 1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jan. So interesting to watch the rehearsal process for this wonderful, original ballet.  I hope we will be able to see it again on stage in the not-too-distant future. 

I would like to remind whoever wrote the subtitles that Tyrone Singleton is a principal, not a principle!!  And being even more picky...it’s Mazarin.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

To cheer us up ... or just make us downright jealous ... Marianela Nunez has posted on Instagram that she is appearing on stage at the amphitheatre in Taormina this weekend;

Thanks, Jan.

Very lovely. This is what it's all about after everything.

One step at a time, for the moment, seems like one very good way to go.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Naomi M said:

Reece Clarke and Fumi Kaneko appear on a film for Albert Bartlett. I like the idea of calling seed potatoes Sleeping Beauties.  

I loved this.  And even better (from yesterday's links) the company is supporting him in some capacity. 

"Reece has worked with Albert Bartlett since 2012. With the help of the brand’s potato power, he has been able to relocate from Scotland to London, attend the world-renowned Royal Ballet School and ultimately rise through the ranks of The Royal Ballet Company to first soloist.

The firm continues to support Reece as he dances around the world and had also previously backed his brothers when they were dancing professionally."

When I put this in Links yesterday, I was intrigued by that assertion that Reece (and his brothers before him) had been supported by the Bartlett company which, I see, established a HQ in Airdrie some years ago.  (As I grew up just outside Glasgow a year or seventy ago, Airdrie was a good 30 minutes further out, at the end of the Nos 15 and 23 tram lines, and would probably not have been seen as a likely home for a brood of ballet dancers.)    

• Like 5

This is a beautiful creation by Paul Lightfoot, ex Artistic Director of NDT.  He lost his father during lockdown without being allowed into the hospital to say goodbye because of travel restrictions, so he began working remotely on a piece to process his emotions. And here is the result,  a powerful, moving tribute to those affected by the pandemic. It can be seen both on Royal Danish Ballet's website and vimeo, danced by Sebastian Haynes of NDT, filmed in Denmark.

https://kglteater.dk/xtra/digital-scenekunst/unspoken?section=34724

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Where is the password provided Janite?  I've looked at the RDB website but I don't read Danish.

try "unspokenfilm" no quotes (via Google translate)

to add: it worked for me just now

Edited by oncnp

4 hours ago, oncnp said:

I think I have translate set up as it offers it for me. 

And, as oncnp writes, the password is unspokenfilm. Enjoy. 

On 23/09/2020 at 18:33, Naomi M said:

This is a beautiful creation by Paul Lightfoot, ex Artistic Director of NDT.  He lost his father during lockdown without being allowed into the hospital to say goodbye because of travel restrictions, so he began working remotely on a piece to process his emotions. And here is the result,  a powerful, moving tribute to those affected by the pandemic. It can be seen both on Royal Danish Ballet's website and vimeo, danced by Sebastian Haynes of NDT, filmed in Denmark.

https://kglteater.dk/xtra/digital-scenekunst/unspoken?section=34724

4 hours ago, oncnp said:

37 minutes ago, Janite said:

I think I have translate set up as it offers it for me. 

And, as oncnp writes, the password is unspokenfilm. Enjoy. 

Thank you.  That is an incredibly powerful and intensely moving film.

• Like 1

This will certainly be in tomorrow's Links, but I hasten to share with you Elizabeth Harrod and Steven McRae in bed together ..... immaculately attired, as one might expect of The Tatler:

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-savoy-hotel-savoir-and-the-royal-ballet-a-life-unhurried-luxury-beds-staycation

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

This will certainly be in tomorrow's Links, but I hasten to share with you Elizabeth Harrod and Steven McRae in bed together ..... immaculately attired, as one might expect of The Tatler:

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-savoy-hotel-savoir-and-the-royal-ballet-a-life-unhurried-luxury-beds-staycation

I hope Tristram Kenton is getting paid by the use for that Dance of the Blessed Spirits picture as its everywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen Neil Brand's excellent series about movie musicals?  It's currently being repeated on BBC4 and the first episode included a long segment about Fred Astaire.  Lovely to watch excerpts from classics like 'Top Hat' and even better to see Steven McRae reproducing some of his amazing tap sequences.  Should still be on iPlayer if you missed it. Highly recommended!

Linda

• Like 1

8 hours ago, loveclassics said:

Has anyone else seen Neil Brand's excellent series about movie musicals?  It's currently being repeated on BBC4 and the first episode included a long segment about Fred Astaire.  Lovely to watch excerpts from classics like 'Top Hat' and even better to see Steven McRae reproducing some of his amazing tap sequences.  Should still be on iPlayer if you missed it. Highly recommended!

Linda

One of the best things I have seen in a long time, so well researched and presented.  The first episode 1 (of 3) available at the moment the rest are coming soon on BBC 4. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0001jgs/the-sound-of-movie-musicals-with-neil-brand-episode-1

Edited by Janite