In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

Mayara Magri and Ruth Mair Howard perform and created Sono Con Te. ( I am with you). 
They talk about it in a 'The Wonderful World of Dance' and Ballet Podcast

Edited by Janite
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another feel good video by Staatsballett Berlin dancers who miss their stage

Initiated and directed by: Arshak Ghalumyan

Camera: Olaf Kollmannsperger, Michael Hoh

Edited by: Olaf Kollmannsperger

Music: DEVO »I Can't Get No Satisfaction« taken from Alexander Ekman's »LIB«

Dancers in order of appearance: Yolanda Correa, Eoin Robinson, Dana Pajarillaga, Weronika Frodyma, Filipa Cavaco, Alexander Abdukarimov, Aurora Dickie, Alexei Orlenco, Sarah-Jane Brodbeck, Mari Kawanishi, Ksenia Ovsyanick, Vivian Koohnavard, Tyler Gurfein, Julia Golitsina, Johnny McMillan, Elisa Carrillo Cabrera, Marina Kanno, Alexander Shpak, Olaf Kollmannsperger, Clotilde Tran, Mikhail Kaniskin, Lukas Malkowski, Aya Okumura, Arshak Ghaluman, Alizée Sicre, Yi-Chi Lee, Sarah Hees-Hochster, Ulian Topor, Cecile Kaltenbach, Dinu Tamazlacaru 

On 15/06/2020 at 09:49, Jan McNulty said:

I hope people can see the glorious Momoko Hirata's Rose Adagio with Birmingham Royal Ballet.  I was privileged to see her debut (with Alexander Campbell) in 2010(?) and I knew from the moment she stepped on stage that we were in for something very special ... and I was right!

This was published on the BRB Facebook page yesterday:....

Thank you!  Momoko is one of my favourite, if not my absolute favourite, ballerina within these shores.  She is a living fairy tale.

See also the Lockdown thread in News .... and tomorrow's Links.  And hasn't this been around for some weeks already?  I'm sure I've been aware of the title for some time but it appears to have gained some media traction in the past 24 hours.

This falls into the “spirits uplifting” category.  Lovely little film performed, choreographed and directed by Yasmine Naghdi.   Recently filmed in Italy, it’s worth reading her introduction before you watch.  Enjoy!

• Like 7

And now for something completely different .... A day in the (lock down) life of ABT principal, James Whiteside - (including a very different take on ballet class) - as commissioned by Vogue ...  As he says it 'will shake the people of Syracuse' .... If you've ever been to Syracuse, New York I'm sure that will bring a smile ... (keeping with the theme of this particular strand) ... :)

Edited by Bruce Wall

Guest oncnp
55 minutes ago, Fonty said:

Do you think someone should point out to Muntagirov that it is illegal to trim your hedge at this time of year? 🙂

Only if he's disturbing a birds nest, which hopefully he checked first 🐦

Edited by oncnp

Cool !

"Grandfather dancing with his granddaughters"

(according to follow-up video)

(Thanks to YouOverThere at Ballet Alert!)

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 5

I just fell into this in the "Spirits Uplifting" category. See if you like it.

( Posted on the internet with the expressed approval of Fiona Joy Hawkins)

Edited by Buddy