In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like a sculpture to be awaken by the power of Love… By the power of light and music that sounds from inside. There is Galatea in every of us. So give the true sense to the perfection of your lines enriching them with treasures of your soul." 

(From La Personne, online ballet magazine from Russia)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this brings about laughter, but certainly it made me smile.  I just tripped over this as I was preparing a film segment for yet another prison session.  I've always thought that James Hay - one of my favourite RB dancers - resembled - in a variety of ways - a young Chaplin.  Here's a film of Churchill visiting the set of Chaplin's City Lights in 1929.  In it you get to see Chaplin (then a sprightly 40) do some pretty mean entrechats (circa 1.27)!   I just knew it.  Queue James for a close up methinks. :) 

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

Real class has restarted.

Thought I'd pop along to the new conditioning class. I mean what could possibly go wrong? To my horror there is the prospect of therabands... er, I might need close supervision to avoid self strangulation.

42 minutes ago, alison said:

Actually, that's quite fascinating, too.  I'd never before registered just how much bows varied according to ballet and location, and how important the use of the eyes is! 

Reverencing to the Presence and partner is a thing in historical dance, removal of hat, shuffling around, putting hat back on. Not too dissimilar to salutes in fencing.

Edited by Alexander