In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a couple of much appreciated notes from BcoF members with kind words about the work, i.e., the few segments of which I've shared here.  Thank you.  

To let you know how it actually comes about - and has now for some 23 years - I'd like to share an infomercial (there are several now actually - but this was the first) made to engage the prisoners on their closed circuit television service in reference to remote programmes run during the Covid interval.  You can find that here - should you be remotely interested.  You will need a password.  It is 'LSWCR' - ALL CAPS.  (Very imaginative I know ... NOT! :) ) .... Enjoy.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

A lovely, thoughtful new piece choreographed by Royal Ballet Principal Matthew Ball and danced by his partner First Soloist Mayara Magri.  Matthew's father, Christopher, reads the WH Auden poem to which Mayara dances.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

It's worked and it brought a lump to my throat.

If it’s the story of Henry Danton receiving his RAD medal you are referring to, he is being interviewed by Dame Monica Mason for The London Ballet Circle on the 18th May.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Watching programmes about Covid isn't exactly fun but I believe in being well-informed so I watched BBC2's Pandemic 2020 on Thursday night and was rewarded with clips of Ivan Vassiliev and Maria Vinogradova rehearsing  and performing Don Q.  I loved watching her rehearse in the kitchen of their 'dacha', triumphantly producing a tub of ice cream at the climax of her solo, perfectly in synchronicity with the music.  Then Ivan executing wonderful jeteés round the rain-soaked roundabout outside their home.  (I always thought a dacha was a country house but theirs seemed to be in a typical nice suburb outside a city - could have been Kenley or Bushey Park).  Finally a glimpse of the finished performance with the Bolshoi: highly enjoyable. As Vassiliev said: 'in times like this people need art'.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Like a sculpture to be awaken by the power of Love… By the power of light and music that sounds from inside. There is Galatea in every of us. So give the true sense to the perfection of your lines enriching them with treasures of your soul." 

(From La Personne, online ballet magazine from Russia)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...