In difficult times when we need a laugh (or our spirits uplifting)...

2 hours ago, Janite said:

Delighted to hear it - didn't quite manage to coincide with my birthday, then - EDIT: or even my birth month, as it turns out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJbKwzwnSD2/

What a lovely New Year pressie.  Many congrats to the proud parents - and wonder if she's named after Margot Fonteyn?

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

That really is very clever - thanks!

• Like 1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, Sim. Thank you.

Could I add a brief one, featuring the wonderful ballerina Maria Kochetkova at her balletic finest, which also received a delighted response from both Alexei Ratmansky and Aurelie Dupont.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKHfWRVFR5G/

(thanks to Pherank at Ballet Alert!)

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 20:50, loveclassics said:

Has anyone else seen Neil Brand's excellent series about movie musicals?  It's currently being repeated on BBC4 and the first episode included a long segment about Fred Astaire.  Lovely to watch excerpts from classics like 'Top Hat' and even better to see Steven McRae reproducing some of his amazing tap sequences.  Should still be on iPlayer if you missed it. Highly recommended!

Linda

And its back - first episode Friday 22 January at 19:00

40 minutes ago, loveclassics said:

Actually, this isn't the same series but an earlier one about musicals in the theatre.  Still, an excellent programme - well worth your time.

Linda

Thanks! I meant to come back and correct it but forgot. 

4 hours ago, Balletfanp said:

If this doesn’t put a smile on your face you’re beyond help! Just what I needed at the end of a tough working week - thanks to Vadim! Hope the link works.....https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKoti3ypC3t/?igshid=ixn4qduso7oi

Wonderful...and so well synchronised with the song. I wonder where he discovered this sea shanty?!  Such a poignant reminder of what we are missing on stage.  😢

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Balletfanp said:

I think the song is high up in the UK charts at the moment - or so I discovered on looking it up! I’m way behind the times these days....

I am so behind I didn’t even know they still had charts in the UK!!  😂😂

• Like 2

I did just that, Ian.  Seems that sea shantys are trending amongst the young at the moment.  I had no idea!  And the Poor Clare nuns are at number 5 in the charts, a few below Wellerman.  This all makes me happy! 😃 

• Like 2

I've come across the Swiss Police Jerusalema Challenge as taken up by the Garda via Facebook:

Original Swiss performance:

And the article:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/on-the-beat-gardaí-show-off-dance-moves-after-swiss-challenge-1.4474117?fbclid=IwAR26_l-ppULw6MeW-3BxRoW2DylaXyPwZ44xuv1CzJtlSs10NUyzq6rreg0

• Like 2

Again not ballet - but certainly theatrical .... and it does reference 'little girls in ballet dresses'.   I was asked to record this as part of a series that will soon be released.  It's Noel Coward's 'The Boy Actor'.  Very much a character study .... and - at least for me - an act of coordination trying to hold the phone still.  Thought you might enjoy it .... and some of the young students auditioning might well be able to identify/laugh along with certain segments.  (Well, it's a hope anyway.)  

• Like 4

On 05/02/2021 at 11:53, Bruce Wall said:

Again not ballet - but certainly theatrical .... and it does reference 'little girls in ballet dresses'.   I was asked to record this as part of a series that will soon be released.  It's Noel Coward's 'The Boy Actor'.  Very much a character study .... and - at least for me - an act of coordination trying to hold the phone still.  Thought you might enjoy it .... and some of the young students auditioning might well be able to identify/laugh along with certain segments.  (Well, it's a hope anyway.)  

Thank you Bruce.  It's wonderful!

• Like 1