Bursaries at The Hammond

WrapsnBows

Evening my DS Has just been places on the waiting list for the Hammond MDS but I am interested who has in the past been offered a bursary, when were you informed about it etc as unsure if to continue with paying out if it’s not worth it a specially in this uncertain climate 😢. Also who many in the past have been on the reserve list but then have gained an MDS  thank you 

When Dd1 was going to go you were asked to ring about bursaries. These were dependent on where you were on list. If your income was a certain level you were offered 50%. However, that was 3 years ago and it used to discuss them on the website. Now there is no mention of them.

That year we knew 2 who got MDS in June so they can come later. 

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Bursaries at The Hammond

Hi WrapsnBows , when we began our journey at The Hammond , my daughter got offered a place but she was on waiting list , we was offered bursary , but 3 weeks before the term started she was offered MDS . Overjoyed was an understatement , and Thursday she just found out she’s got a DADA to continue her training with them. I know it’s a very scary time but hang in there .... dreams do come true . 
Good luck 👍👍 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Thank you Milzmam for letting us know.🙂

No problem.  I know not everyone is on this forum but there doesnt seem to be that many MDS given out, there seems to be more people on reserve list.  Does anyone know of anyone in years 8,9 or 10 that has been given MDS?

Another 4 weeks of waiting😪😪

On 23/03/2020 at 22:04, Ms Sunshine said:

Elmhurst and Tring mds will be handed out in the next few days so im sure there will be lots of movement. Good luck x

There doesn't seem to be many MDS from Tring on the forum so not sure how much movement there will be. Trying to stay hopeful during these difficult times x

11 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

Thought Elmhurst results might come today 🙁

I was hoping so too!! I think Monday......only because it's my birthday and it will then mean it's a good news envelope. Surely!!!. That's they way I'm approaching it at the moment 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, margarite said:

And Elmhurst have loads more MDS than Tring to give out so there will be some movement  🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Fingers crossed, although not holding out much hope for MDS for my dd as trying for year 10. Waiting to see what bursaries might be available after 17th April xx

• 5 weeks later...
On 20/03/2020 at 20:48, WrapsnBows said:

Evening my DS Has just been places on the waiting list for the Hammond MDS but I am interested who has in the past been offered a bursary, when were you informed about it etc as unsure if to continue with paying out if it’s not worth it a specially in this uncertain climate 😢. Also who many in the past have been on the reserve list but then have gained an MDS  thank you 

Did you find out about this? We got told by the Hammond that for the year 7 intake this year there was only 12 MDS places but since, been advised after getting a place, that there are no longer any bursaries it’s now full price unless you get an MDS

22 minutes ago, Mamtoballetgirls said:

Did you find out about this? We got told by the Hammond that for the year 7 intake this year there was only 12 MDS places but since, been advised after getting a place, that there are no longer any bursaries it’s now full price unless you get an MDS

No sorry we have all had the same letter unfortunately things are so different this year in many way 

1 hour ago, Mamtoballetgirls said:

I think they may have fee remission but not bursaries available to some but not sure how that works and not holding out much hope for my dd unfortunately