Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

4 hours ago, Sabine0308 said:

I just finished watching the livestream and OMG it was phantastic!!! It's hard to tell highlights, amazing company (Soloists and corps!!) and great production, I loved all of it. Ok yes highlights were: everything when David Hallberg was onstage,  all Goecke (with surprising humor in "Johann"), and the "Beethoven" - such amazing work for the corps (thank you Paul Lightfoot).

Ah it was a bliss❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Same here. Incredible piece, David Hallberg was gorgeous! I had to watch it again, especially Brett Chynoweth in that Goecke solo (I hope it was him). Any chance to bring it on DVD?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all the superlatives on Kunstkamer .. my only regret that i did not have not time for a rewatch! 

Thanks to Australian Ballet for continuing to provide streams when other companies seem to have given up.  

A compelling show!  Such inventive choreography in collaboration ... an interesting concept that brought out the best in each.  Impressive performances by excellent dancers.  And how wonderful it is to have humor in new choreography, as well as challenging movement and work for the ensemble

34 minutes ago, Jeannette said:

From Odessa, Ukraine, a very recent (12 June 2022) gala of classical works, with soloists and corps de ballet…on the stage of their gorgeous theatre…still standing, in all of its glory! 🇺🇦 🎉 👏 

“Ballet Extravaganza”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W6g8P24Fj8Q

Amazing how they can do this, but very emotional for me to watch under present circumstance, thanks for posting, Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevie said:

Amazing how they can do this, but very emotional for me to watch under present circumstance, thanks for posting, Steve

Emotional for me too! Seeing those corps ladies in their Dance of the Hours tutus…the tiers of empty boxes in the background. Nothing short of miraculous. May the Higher Powers protect them all!

Edited by Jeannette

5 hours ago, Jeannette said:

From Odessa, Ukraine, a very recent (12 June 2022) gala of classical works, with soloists and corps de ballet…on the stage of their gorgeous theatre…still standing, in all of its glory! 🇺🇦 🎉 👏 

“Ballet Extravaganza”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W6g8P24Fj8Q

I've just watched the first few minutes so far. Very touching, Jeannette. Thank you.

Why no audience, do you suppose ?

Another testament to the power, value and 'magic' of the arts.

5 hours ago, Jeannette said:

…on the stage of their gorgeous theatre…still standing, in all of its glory! 🇺🇦 🎉 👏 

Long may that continue, given the destruction meted out to the cultural centre in whichever city in the Donbas was being featured on the news tonight :(

2 hours ago, alison said:

Long may that continue, given the destruction meted out to the cultural centre in whichever city in the Donbas was being featured on the news tonight :(

I guess that's about all that I can say also, Alison. Much better this than that.

9 hours ago, Buddy said:

I've just watched the first few minutes so far. Very touching, Jeannette. Thank you.

Why no audience, do you suppose ?

Another testament to the power, value and 'magic' of the arts.

The Odessa Opera/Ballet Theatre is still too close-for-comfort to the action. Relatively speaking…even though that city no longer appears to be in the Russian priority list for take-over. We usually see only the lovely facade in photos but the back opens up to a hill and park overlooking the Black Sea. The famous staircase in the Eisenstein film, Battleship Potemkin, is but a few steps away.

I don’t know what’s happened to the main opera/ballet theater in Donetsk…the big theatre with a ballet troupe in Donbas. 😢 

1 hour ago, Jeannette said:

The Odessa Opera/Ballet Theatre is still too close-for-comfort to the action. Relatively speaking…even though that city no longer appears to be in the Russian priority list for take-over. We usually see only the lovely facade in photos but the back opens up to a hill and park overlooking the Black Sea. The famous staircase in the Eisenstein film, Battleship Potemkin, is but a few steps away.

I don’t know what’s happened to the main opera/ballet theater in Donetsk…the big theatre with a ballet troupe in Donbas. 😢 

Sky Arts have secured the rights to  'The Merry Widow, Australian Ballet' and it is being shown on the Sky Arts Freeview Channel  , tomorrow morning, Wed 15th June at 7:15 a.m. GMT. I have set it to record.

• Like 1

Sorry I am late with my reply to art enthusiast but I just noticed the post asking about monkey pox. Putting on my professional hat rather than my ballet lovers tiara. There is no need to think in terms of lockdowns and pandemic. Monkey pox is not easy to transmit and requires close personal contact such as within a family or sexual contact.

so no risk to the wider population ,of interest it can be caught by family pets.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A relief gala in support of the National Ballet of Ukraine will be held in Tokyo on July 5th. Tickets are all free and was allocated by lottery but a minimum donation of 5000 JPY is suggested. Also, there will be a streaming and archive of the gala, it is supposed to be available outside Japan.

https://www.classics-festival.com/rc/kyiv-ballet-gala-in-tokyo-2022/

Dancers

Anna Muromtseva (Kyiv Ballet)

Mykita Skhorukov  (Kyiv Ballet)

Nao Sakuma (ex-BRB)

Yasuo Atsuji (ex-BRB)

Yuriko Kajiya (Houston Ballet)

Haruhi Ohtani (ENB)

Haruka Sassa (Royal Swedish Ballet)

Kika Ayoyama (Asami Maki Ballet)

Midori Sato (Martha Graham Company)

Ayaka Fujii (Czech National Ballet)

Rikako Shibamoto (Royal Danish Ballet)

Remi Nakano (Theatre de Sibiu)

Ryoichi Hirano (Royal Ballet)

Kenichi Kikuchi (Asami Maki Ballet)

Gakuro Matsui (Norwegian National Ballet)

Naoya Ebe (National Ballet of Canada)

Ken Saruhashi (ENB)

Kohei Fukuda (ex-Novosibirsk Ballet)

Shunsuke Mizui (Asami Maki Ballet)

Haruo Niyama

Artistic director Tamiyo Kusakari

Streaming page. 

https://l-tike.zaiko.io/e/balletgala

07/05 (Tue) 18:30 - 07/11 (Mon) 23:59 Japan Time

2000JPY

all profit proceeds to the National Ballet of Ukraine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

🎉 A now-too-rare livestream! 🎉 

Mon, 8 August at 7:30PM USA Mountain time:

Vail Dance Festival will livestream the NOW: Premieres program. Announcement below but it should be the same YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h71gZhPhkUw

Info on the dancers, incl Roman Mejia and several other NYCB stars. Seven new ballets, incl one from Justin Peck.

https://vaildance.org/event/now-premieres-2022/

No word on whether or not the stream will remain up to view later. It may be necessary to catch it live…sorry for UK and Europe. 😔 

• Like 2

This was during a covid lockdown I think, or at least strong restrictions in Italy. I think it was to help by having separate bubbles for each act. It was mentioned somewhere on the forum at the time so there may be more info there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • alison changed the title to Lockdown and General Streaming Thread