Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/03/2020 at 23:01, FLOSS said:

2) Antony Tudor

A major twentieth century choreographer whose work is sadly and inexplicably neglected. New York Theater Ballet provide the opportunity to watch two of his greatest works  Jardin aux Lilas/ Lilac Garden and Dark Elegies, the charming Soiree Musicale and a fine account of The Judgment of Paris. All four of which  were made for Rambert's company and an excerpt from Tudor's almost mythical Romeo and Juliet which has not been seen in years because ABT's artistic director says it would cost too much to revive. It is not set to the all too familiar Prokofiev score but to music by Delius.

These links were posted on Ballet Alert!:

Password is NYTB

Judgment of Paris - https://vimeo.com/67469744

Soirée Musicale - https://vimeo.com/104752922

Jardin aux Lilas - https://vimeo.com/180424486

Dark Elegies - https://vimeo.com/143907110

Romeo & Juliet - https://vimeo.com/398616386

Edited by saki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alison said:

First Soloist, I think?

No - only Soloist, albeit that he was getting several leading roles - e.g. The Prince in Nutcracker and The Sleeping Beauty, although he left for Romania before he danced that (in 2014). His replacement (with Takada) was Muntagirov.

From this evening at 18.00 CET, StuttgartBallet@Home will be streaming a triple bill  made in November 2019 with new creations by Roman Novitzky, Andreas Heise and Fabio Adorisio: Creations I - III will be available for one week via the website or their Youtube Channel.

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/schedule/a-z/creations-1/

On 10. April, a portrait of Friedemann Vogel will be on German Television and after that it should be online, hopefully free for everybody. No link yet, I'll post it!

here is the German trailer

• Like 4

I was hoping they would keep things light and amusing.  However, I see they are doing Jane Eyre next week.  Not exactly a barrel of laughs.  Still, as long as they don't decide to broadcast The Visit, which I saw just before the theatre closed.

On 30/03/2020 at 13:42, Hambleton said:

I'm not entering the Liam Scarlett debate, but here is a short film about the making of 'Nasz Chopin' for the Polish National Ballet in April 2019 with some excellently watchable ballet. Principal is Dawid Trzensimiech, Royal Ballet Upper School trained, and former Solist with The Royal Ballet. In the corps are Phoebe Liggins (ENB School trained) and my own Laurence Elliott (Upper School trained), both in their first professional company jobs.

What an interesting short documentary and comment on Polish society. And the ballet is wonderful. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Since this is the CVS thread, someone left 4 pints of milk, some bread and a dozen eggs on my doorstep yesterday. Turned out to be the local community support group distributing free supplies provided by Tesco, to those in enforced isolation.

I thought it was a nice gesture.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Since this is the CVS thread, someone left 4 pints of milk, some bread and a dozen eggs on my doorstep yesterday. Turned out to be the local community support group distributing free supplies provided by Tesco, to those in enforced isolation.

I thought it was a nice gesture.

That's excellent, Stevie. I hope you're managing OK.

There are so many good things happening at the moment too. Light as well as darkness.

• Like 3

For any people having (as I have read hereabouts) difficulty getting the POB (Paris Opera Ballet) Swan Lake due to geographical blockage - this seems to be working for me here.  

Thanks to Bruce for posting this,. I watched POB's Swan Lake yesterday, I was thinking of sharing some thoughts on it on the forum, but wasn't sure where to put them. I see there are some old threads from 2016 on POB Swan Lake, but I think the web replay is from 18/19 season. Or maybe starting a new thread, or looking for another appropriate existing thread, any thoughts from anyone, moderators especially, on this?. 

Thanks for all who are posting on the forum, and keeping discussion of life's important stuff - ballet! - at this time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, northstar said:

Thanks to Bruce for posting this,. I watched POB's Swan Lake yesterday, I was thinking of sharing some thoughts on it on the forum, but wasn't sure where to put them. I see there are some old threads from 2016 on POB Swan Lake, but I think the web replay is from 18/19 season. Or maybe starting a new thread, or looking for another appropriate existing thread, any thoughts from anyone, moderators especially, on this?. 

Thanks for all who are posting on the forum, and keeping discussion of life's important stuff - ballet! - at this time. 

There are some posts over the last week about the POB Swan Lake on the Dance on Sky Arts... thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

Can you see this, Janite?  It seems (at least for me) to be geo-blocked in the UK.  

You are right Bruce, I marked it and didn't check. Apologies everyone. I will try to remember for the future. 

• Like 1

The Bolshoi Marco Spada that was shown on its YouTube channel with Hallberg and a terrific cast. I really appreciated Lacotte’s choreography- very difficult as Hallberg says in that clip. Shows that Bolshoi dancers can do such a very different style. 

• Like 1