alison

Coronavirus lockdown suggestions thread - UK and elsewhere

A short documentary about 2 principals from Milan (in Italian but with English sub-titles):

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I hope you can see this...

The Kathakali method of washing hands:

Edited to say that if it doesn't work off this page try the copy link option and open a new window/tab using the URL provided.  I'm going to start namaste-ing!

Edited by Jan McNulty
Edited to add a couple of sentences.
  • Like 3

To The Pointe has some suggestions for YouTube viewing to brighten your day:

"Introducing 'My Top 5' series exclusively for To The Pointe! I’ll be sharing my top five favourite things, all dance related, to hopefully brighten your days throughout these difficult times. 

First up - here are my top five ballerina variations that I suggest you watch this week! Featuring Fumi Kaneko Jurgita Dronina Svetlana Zakharova Beatriz Stix-Brunell Maria khoreva"

https://tothepointemagazine.wixsite.com/tothepointemagazine/single-post/2020/03/23/My-Top-5-Ballerina-variations-this-week?fbclid=IwAR1FYdcT4EGgKlZELlPzGhTxqU-wgTstCViv7NPxC_tyIdpGatJH6hILwHc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Janet for the short documentary (and all the other stuff), that was a wonderful 10 minuets and just what i needed.

It also made me long to see more la Scala ballet.

Edited by Janite

Sadler's Wells' output was announced earlier:

Thanks, as ever, to Jan for posting it.

22 hours ago, JNC said:

In the meantime I'm considering ordering some DVDs - sorry if I'm duplicating something already in another thread but I would be interested to hear some recommendations from balletcoers. 

We have a(n already very long) thread on DVDs here:

You could check for answers to your questions on it, or if they aren't there copy your questions in there.  It'll make it easier for everyone rather than derailing this thread :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janite said:

Thank you Janet for the short documentary (and all the other stuff), that was a wonderful 10 minuets and just what i needed.

It also made me long to see more la Scala ballet.

Same here. I'd especially like to see more of Andrijashenko after being so impressed by his Romeo jmp-in opposite Melissa Hamilton last season. Presumably the Sleeping Beauty & Swan Lake exerpts shown in the video are from full-length recordings so maybe they'll get released on DVD at some point.

9 hours ago, Janite said:

Thank you for this, they seem to have added more ballets. https://www.bejart.ch/en/agenda/

I think they've added some performances for their tour to Japan and over summer?  Fingers crossed things will go ahead as planned. I'll keep to online viewing for the time being though ...

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Duck said:

I think they've added some performances for their tour to Japan and over summer?  Fingers crossed things will go ahead as planned. I'll keep to online viewing for the time being though ...

I realised that too as I was putting the dates in my diary to watch, but too late to delete. 
I think you may be sensible to keep it to online viewing......

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

The full version of the recent production of Mariinsky, 'The Four Seasons', from Mariinsky TV is available on youtube channel. This starring the amazing Ekaterina Kondaurova and the Vivaldi score re orchestrated by Max Richter.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, capybara said:

The Teatro San Carlo Nutcracker is on now with Cuthbertson/Muntagirov (eventually).

Do you have a link? Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Do you have a link? Can't seem to find it. Thanks! - Never mind - found it.

20 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Do you have a link? Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

I've just found it on YouTube.   Edited to add that it's clearly not Lauren Cuthbertson in this picture.  The YouTube page does list Lauren Cuthbertson as the Sugar Plum Fairy but I've not yet watched it so can't confirm.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

Sorry, I couldn’t find a link other than on Facebook. It is also on YouTube any time.

I rather like the fact that the Prince has a lot of dancing in Act 1.

Edited by capybara

11 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Edited to add that it's clearly not Lauren Cuthbertson in this picture. 

No, though rather remote to view, presumably it is  Lauren with Vadim Muntagirov in the video,  but in the still picture surely that is Akane Takada with Vadim ? 

But what was the occasion for these RB dancers appearing at La Scala?  

It wasn’t La Scala - it was the Teatro San Carlo in Naples. I presume just a normal guesting appearance at the time. I know that Takada guested with Muntagirov there one year (which would explain the photo) and Cuthbertson the next. It’s definitely Cuthbertson in the video

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Balletfanp said:

It wasn’t La Scala - it was the Teatro San Carlo in Naples

Yes of course...thanks Balletfanp.

It looks like the photo is from one of the performances those two gave in December 2017. 

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Yes of course...thanks Balletfanp.

It looks like the photo is from a couple of performances those two gave in December 2017. 

According to Lauren Cuthbertson's IG Jan 2019

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, oncnp said:

According to Lauren Cuthbertson's IG Jan 2019

Yes, thanks... I was referring to the Takada/Muntagirov photo/performance.

Now everything makes sense!

I like how the ENB broadcasts have tracked progressive restrictions - first we had class at ENB with four dancers and Tamara, then it went down to Tamara with just Francesca Velicu, now we have just Tamara in her kitchen at home!  I believe she will be back on today on ENB's Facebook page at 11am. 

Edited by Quintus
  • Like 3

Funny that - TR has been in my kitchen for ages (Giselle image), and now I've been in hers! :D I loved the bit where she put her leg on her kitchen counter as if about to chop it up and cook it.

• Like 1