Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

7 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Just googled YouTube BRB Cinderella and came up with the YouTube link.  

Edit: After posting the link, I deleted it in case it might constitute a breach of copyright to post it here.  It is, nonetheless, easy to find through Google.

Thanks! I'd found that one. Was just wondering of there was a "legal" one out there that my poor tech skills missed. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/08/2020 at 20:01, Janite said:

Rambert live stream Sept 25th

https://youtu.be/beGiaSZnW1A

Update:

Just seen tickets go on sale on tue at 11am for 3 live stream performance. 

https://www.rambert.org.uk/whats-on/draw-from-within/

Tickets £10, just booked mine.

There are 3 live and streamed shows, ie not recorded. Looking forward to seeing it 

Happy Friday, all! End of summer - not much streaming. Shall I share my secret? Those lamenting the dearth of new online ballet streams may want to check-out Chilean ballerina Sara Nieto’s amazing Youtube site. Search “Sara Nieto Ballet”...and enjoy some uber-rare full-length classical titles. Nieto herself is a total delight in these films...fabulous technique and sparkling personality! 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 11:16, Jeannette said:

Thursday, 27 Aug at 7pm EDT, through early on 8 Sept:

Joyce Theatre stream presents 

Complexions Contemporary Ballet in Bach-25 by Dwight Rhoden...created two years ago to celebrate the troupe’s 25th anniversary. YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBt8wOFJXwk3prrx0pUbAbw

Thanks, this was interesting. 

Benois de la Danse previous gala performances streaming 48 hours only

Sylvia (Ashton) Oksana Skorik and Philippe Stepin of Mariinsky

Romeo and Juliet by Preljocaj, dancers of Preljocaj Company 

Esmeralda, Hannah O’Neil and Hugo Marchand, Paris Opera Ballet

I've set up a separate thread purely for information about companies' virtual seasons for this autumn and (probably :( ) into next year too, so that the information doesn't get drowned in this thread:

If you find information which should go in there, please either link to it or let me know, and I'll do the necessary.

• Like 1

I just added details of 3 live performances by artists including 4 RB dancers at Rye in East Sussex, Sat 26-Sun 27 Sept. Some ticket prices rather expensive and in tables for two but still...

Also seen the Mousetrap is re-opening in London on Oct 23rd back at St Martins Theatre.

https://uk.the-mousetrap.co.uk/

On the opening page it says 'Proud to re-open the west End' so perhaps there are hopes for other venues. It can't come soon enough for me though with all the Covid problems returning I hope it won't have to close again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmhopton said:

I just added details of 3 live performances by artists including 4 RB dancers at Rye in East Sussex, Sat 26-Sun 27 Sept. Some ticket prices rather expensive and in tables for two but still...

Also seen the Mousetrap is re-opening in London on Oct 23rd back at St Martins Theatre.

https://uk.the-mousetrap.co.uk/

On the opening page it says 'Proud to re-open the west End' so perhaps there are hopes for other venues. It can't come soon enough for me though with all the Covid problems returning I hope it won't have to close again.

Thanks for this Joan! Rye is quite local for us, so we have booked our first live dance since March! 

As this is a live performance, rather than lockdown streaming etc.  I am putting up a separate thread for it with some more details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Janite said:

Miami City Ballet performers This Bitter Earth (till 16th Oct) 

I've only had time to look at the performance and the opening minutes of the discussion.  The dance is just beautiful and I really enjoyed it.

I loved the theatre curtain!

Thanks for the link Janite.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I've only had time to look at the performance and the opening minutes of the discussion.  The dance is just beautiful and I really enjoyed it.

I loved the theatre curtain!

Thanks for the link Janite.

It gave me such joy to watch it, glad you enjoyed it too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Thanks for this Joan! Rye is quite local for us, so we have booked our first live dance since March! 

As this is a live performance, rather than lockdown streaming etc.  I am putting up a separate thread for it with some more details.

Lucky you Richard. Let us know what it's like and who the RB dancers are. Thanks for putting up a separate thread as well. I wasn't sure but I think you're right as it is an actual performance with audience and there aren't too many of those at the moment! 

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just heard, and I hope I’m right, that the Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, has confirmed that theatres and cinemas (and I assume ballet/opera companies) are exempt from the 10pm curfew 

The Stage and The Guardian are agreeing with you. 😀

Sarasota Ballet announces digital season. https://www.sarasotaballet.org/

Digital Program 1 - 23 October 2020 (cost = $35.00/ performance; $90 for all three)

Featuring performances and excerpts of Sir Frederick Ashton's:

Meditation from Thaïs - first performed by Dame Antoinette Sibley and Sir Anthony Dowell 21 March 1971, to music by Jules Massenet

Monotones II - first performed by The Royal Ballet 24 March 1965, to music by Erik Satie orchestrated by Claude Debussy and Alexis Roland-Manuel

Façade, Extracts - first performed by the Camargo Society 26 April 1931, set to William Walton's score originally created as a setting for the poetry of Edith Sitwell

Romeo & Juliet, Balcony pas de deux - first performed by Royal Danish Ballet 19 May 1955, to music by Serge Prokofiev

La chatte métamorphosée en femme - first performed by Merle Park 31 March 1985, to music by Jacques Offenbach arranged by Philip Gammon

The Sleeping Beauty, Vision Solo - first performed by Sadler's Wells Ballet 20 February 1946, to music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Les Patineurs, Extracts - first performed by Vic-Wells Ballet 16 February 1937, to music by Giacomo Meyerbeer arranged by Constant Lambert

Additional content includes rehearsal footage, along with coaching and an interview with retired British ballet dancer and former Artistic Director of The Royal Ballet Sir Anthony Dowell

Digital Program 2 - 20 November 2020

Featuring performances and excerpts of the works of George Balanchine, such as:

Tarantella - first performed by New York City Ballet 7 January 1964, to music by Louis Moreau Gottschalk reorchestrated by Hershy Kay

The Four Temperaments, Extracts - first performed by Ballet Society 20 November 1946, to music by Paul Hindemith

Donizetti Variations, pas de deux - first performed by New York City Ballet 16 November 1960, to music by Gaetano Donizetti from the opera Don Sebastien

Additional content to be announced

Digital Program 3 - 18 December 2020

Programming to be announced soon

Edited by oncnp
add cost

Oooh, nice!  Not cheap, though (digitally speaking).  For the money, I'd be expecting unlimited access for quite some time.  It's not clear on an initial reading whether it's one performance available for four days, or possibly whether it's four separate performances, or what.

I see there's also a third, as yet unspecified, programme - and a subscription option for all 3 programmes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alison said:

Oooh, nice!  Not cheap, though (digitally speaking).  For the money, I'd be expecting unlimited access for quite some time.  It's not clear on an initial reading whether it's one performance available for four days, or possibly whether it's four separate performances, or what.

I have e-mailed the Sarasota ballet for clarification on how long each digital offering would be available. 

And with todays exchange rate at 1.27, the cost in pounds should be about 28GBP. Still not cheap but better.  And its Vimeo, like the ROH so be careful. They don't do currency exchange for my ROH purchases (which is good for me but not the ROH), they charge me the stated price in $$$. That wouldn't be so good going the other way. 

Edited by oncnp