Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't put this in the Calendar as I don't know the end date (it's been up 10 days or so already), but here's Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, aka The Trocks, in La Vivandiere pas de six

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 08:15, Bruce Wall said:

Ballet Arizona will stream La Sylphide on Sunday, August 2 for 24 hours, starting at 9 am PDT

Apparently ballet Arizona are having problems with uploading La Sylphide. They only have 48.31 minutes and it ends abruptly. There is a note to say they are trying to fix it, hopefully by today, but it's still saying 48.31 minutes. I assume as long as it says 48.31 minutes it is still waiting to be fixed and when it's fixed it will say it lasts approximately an hour.

From Birmingham Royal Ballet

We're very excited to announce that the film of Sir David Bintley's gorgeous Cinderella made by the BBC for the Christmas Day ballet in 2010 will be streamed in full, live on our Facebook page and at https://bit.ly/BRB-Watch-Cinderella at 7pm on Tuesday 25 August, and available for 7 days. Pop it in your diaries so you don't miss out!

There's no charge to watch this broadcast, but if you feel able to make a small donation in lieu of a ticket we'd be very grateful: https://bit.ly/BRB-Support-Us

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 18:34, Naomi M said:

My Light Shines On: An Evening with Scottish Ballet (from the Edinburgh International Festival)

Thank you for this. I really enjoyed it. The first ballet I found a little distracting as it cut between the dancers (it was well cut but to me it interrupted the flow), but with the other dances this was OK. So lovely to see such excellent work. 

• Like 1

I got rather emotional watching Scottish Ballet's 'Catalyst' at the end of the Edinburgh International Festival programme, with what seems to be the whole company. Goodness knows what it was like for the dancers themselves to come and dance together again in a theatre for the first time in months.

Have any other companies had this opportunity?

… and off topic, I like the new look to the forum!

I am not sure if the Polish Ballet are streaming Sleeping Beauty on 22/8 as per the calendar.  It says I created the event but I haven't seen anything to say it is actually on on Saturday.  I will ask Dawid on instagram and see if he replies he's usually pretty good.  It is a lovely version so would be nice to see it again.

• Like 1

Shobana Jeyasingh Dance are streaming their last offering for this season called Contagion and it's about the Spanish Flu pandemic, and is now extremely topical.
I have enjoyed the SJD offerings, she is a very interesting woman and I find the dance creative and deeply felt.

Created in 2018, Contagion commemorates the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 which killed more people than the First World War itself. Inspired by the nature and spread of the unseen flu virus, the work has become particularly relevant to the world we find ourselves in today.

Edited by Janite
  • Like 2

Shelter by Alvin Ailey 

Jawole Willa Jo Zollar’s Shelter is a passionate statement about the physical and emotional deprivation of homeless people. Watch it starting tonight, Thurs, Aug 20 at 7pm on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube. Only available through Thurs, Aug 27 at 7pm EDT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janite said:

Birmingham Royal Ballet's production of Cinderella. They say you don't need a Facebook account to see it. Up for a week. 

https://www.facebook.com/bhamroyalballet/videos/774637139972014/

It's well worth watching. By the end, someone was saying that there were 400 people watching but only £400 raised. That seems far too little given the quality of the offering.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Naomi M said:

It is a pity that Birmingham Royal Ballet's Cinderella is only available in the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia. The link does not work here in Japan. 

Not in the US either sadly

I found that I couldn't get the official link to Cinderella to work at all well. As it's Facebook I went on YouTube and found the same performance was there (slightly augmented by interesting videos of David Bintley talking about his ballet and in discussion with some of the dancers), it must be from the BBC programme shown years ago. So presumably you can get the YouTube version in the US, Japan and elsewhere.

It's worth catching, there's some nice choreography and Elisha Willis (never one of my favourite dancers) is very good in the role. And the cast includes Alex Campbell, Joe Caley, Delia Matthews, with Celine Gittens in the corps- and the inimitable Marion Tait as the (very wicked) Stepmother.

19 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

And the cast includes Alex Campbell, Joe Caley, Delia Matthews, with Celine Gittens in the corps- and the inimitable Marion Tait as the (very wicked) Stepmother.

Yes, it was fun to catch these current stars as well as the two leads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheilaC said:

I found that I couldn't get the official link to Cinderella to work at all well. As it's Facebook I went on YouTube and found the same performance 

On the BRB site? I couldn't find it (which doesn't mean it's not there of course)

Just googled YouTube BRB Cinderella and came up with the YouTube link.  

Edit: After posting the link, I deleted it in case it might constitute a breach of copyright to post it here.  It is, nonetheless, easy to find through Google.

Edited by Bluebird