Aklf

Online classes live streamed for dancers - Please Post

13 hours ago, RachelSkipper said:

My local studio is running real interactive classes online via Zoom, AND you can enroll as a casual drop-in student just like you can in real life. Choice of five adult classes per week!

They are an RAD studio so the adult classes are based in that style but without a syllabus. I’m not sure of the etiquette of posting links direct to schools but they are Downland Dance and the details are on their Facebook page.

I can’t seem to find the Facebook page @RachelSkipper

13 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Being able to mute everyone is very handy, a feature I’m sure I will miss when we get back to class! 

Just laughed out loud at this! 🤣 Good luck!

5 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

I'm not very technical, and this sounds great ... but where do i find it ? !!!!!

Welcome to the club. 
Having just received a lesson in ICT myself. 
The lessons are all steamed on instagram. 

Enjoy ☺️

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, balletbean said:

Welcome to the club. 
Having just received a lesson in ICT myself. 
The lessons are all steamed on instagram. 

Enjoy ☺️

Thanks .... now to suss out instagram! 

One piece of advice: think about whether the class can hear your *voice*. Don't wander away from the mic while introducing an exercise or giving corrections.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TYR said:

One piece of advice: think about whether the class can hear your *voice*. Don't wander away from the mic while introducing an exercise or giving corrections.

Thanks TYR, I will pass this advice on. I'm sure there will be teething problems to start which hopefully will be ironed out during the dummy runs my daughter is going to be doing over a few days with some of her older students. It's definitely been a steep learning curve so far!

On 22/03/2020 at 23:17, Mumofballetmaddaughter said:

Any advice on using Zoom both from a teacher and student perspective would be greatly appreciated please.

Check the contrast of your background and dress accordingly, especially your feet.

People will be watching on tiny screens and in low resolution and it’s much easier to see black leggings against a light background or pink tights against a dark one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RachelSkipper said:

Check the contrast of your background and dress accordingly, especially your feet.

People will be watching on tiny screens and in low resolution and it’s much easier to see black leggings against a light background or pink tights against a dark one.

Ah yes, something I think which could easily be overlooked as it's not something you need to think about usually. Thank you RachelSkipper for this tip, it's much appreciated. 

EYB are doing a live class streaming on Instagram taught by Philip Tunsall - Junior 8-12yrs Thursday noon, and Senior 12-18yrs Friday at noon.

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 22:35, TYR said:

you know what this is missing? Links.

Yes, please do put links if it's a publicly available class (except, possibly, if you think the quality may be dubious).  People don't want to be hunting all over YouTube or Instagram for them.

There are also some useful tips - not all of which only apply to younger dancers - here:

• Like 1

Staffordshire Youth Ballet has their first live ballet class on Instagram tomorrow. 

Nicky Henshall trained at The Royal Ballet School lower and Upper School then danced with ENB and continues to work extensively with both choreographers and as a teacher. 

This is the post copied from Nicky Henshall of Staffordshire Youth Ballet - 

“ I will be sharing a 30min barre/centre practise via Instagram live for you to do in your living room/bedroom/kitchen 

Wednesday 4pm for Juniors grade 2-5
Wednesday 4:30pm for Seniors Grade 6+

The videos will be available for 24hrs so this gives you a chance to do this at your own time or when is convenient. 

Make sure you follow staffordshireyouthballet on Instagram! “

Note -

I have No connections to SYB other than my dd has attended for years and Nicky is one of her favourite teachers. 

Tamara Rojo has live-streamed via FB from her kitchen.  Look and enjoy!

• Like 2

Ballet Cymru are doing online tutorials every day for 10 minutes at 10:00 am, starting on Monday 30th March.

• Like 2

Dutch National Ballet live streamed a class on Monday and it is still available on you tube. They are streaming another class on Friday.

DanceXchange in Birmingham is streaming live classes via Instagram. 

Josh Barwick, who is now with Company Wayne McGregor (ex-Northern Ballet and Rambert) is offering a live ballet barre tomorrow (27th March):

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 12.52.17.png

Thank you Alison for sharing my post. Please look after your bodies while enjoying access to the wealth of online classes now available! Not all are suitable for children/adolescents or adult beginners. Not all are delivered by people who work with children or adult beginners. This would be the WORST time to get injured!

• Like 3

Alexander Campbell & Claire Calvert of the Royal Ballet are giving a class this morning 28th March for Bloch on IG.  Followed by a Q&A.

3 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Alexander Campbell & Claire Calvert of the Royal Ballet are giving a class this morning 28th March for Bloch on IG.  Followed by a Q&A.

Unfortunately I thought this was at 11am so tuned in an hour too late... And I can't see that it's still accessible anywhere. :(

11 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Unfortunately I thought this was at 11am so tuned in an hour too late... And I can't see that it's still accessible anywhere. :(

I don't know how you look at IG.  I mostly use my laptop but it has limitations compared to looking at it on a phone or tablet app.  On phone or tablet use the search symbol - it should give you some options at the top.  Choose the IG TV option and search for Bloch_EU.  There are a number of classes available so I guess they may load more permanently later.  Yasmine Naghdi's class is available.

I missed the first 20 minutes till I found it but enjoyed the rest of the class and the Q&A afterwards.

13 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

I don't know how you look at IG.  I mostly use my laptop but it has limitations compared to looking at it on a phone or tablet app.  On phone or tablet use the search symbol - it should give you some options at the top.  Choose the IG TV option and search for Bloch_EU.  There are a number of classes available so I guess they may load more permanently later.  Yasmine Naghdi's class is available.

I missed the first 20 minutes till I found it but enjoyed the rest of the class and the Q&A afterwards.

Thanks very much Jan - I think I've found the relevant site on my phone and they do say they're saving their classes there, so I hope the C&C one will appear in due course.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Boys_can_dance said:

Hallo- does anyone know of any PBT or Strength and Conditioning  classes being streamed? Age 13 

Phil tunstill from EYB did a Pilates session yesterday, my dd 19 did it it’s was good apparently must of been as she says she aches today 🤣. Would yourself   @drdance or Miss Ellie care todo one as I know my two would tune in ❤️

Josh Barwick is hosting some barre classes next week.  Although not obligatory he is asking for donations as he is a freelance dancer now without income.

1272284830_Screenshot2020-03-29at11_21_17.png.3a4d20e6edfd07ed7d9498439659df40.png

93145712_Screenshot2020-03-29at11_22_00.png.8f1dcc639f984c937ffbf2930b96b54d.png