Online classes live streamed for dancers - Please Post

Aklf

Whilst in the midst of the virus crisis, dancers who cannot attained their regular classes and studios look set to benefit from some pretty inspiring live streamed classes. I am very grateful to all of the amazing teachers and dancers who are able to offer this to the dance community around the world.

If anyone knows of classes being live streamed perhaps they can be shared here?

Claudia Dean will live stream on Saturday 21st March at 9pm

London time. I also think Tiler Peck may do the same?

• Like 7

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s reassuring. My DD is being caught in the middle of not wanting to miss classes if NBS remain open but also like other pupils from European countries and Ireland being recalled home. But if she does come home she’s looking at the minimum of 6 weeks of no intensive training. The exact length of time as 1/2 a term. Lost. 😭

1 hour ago, Aklf said:

Whilst in the midst of the virus crisis, dancers who cannot attained their regular classes and studios look set to benefit from some pretty inspiring live streamed classes. I am very grateful to all of the amazing teachers and dancers who are able to offer this to the dance community around the world.

If anyone knows of classes being live streamed perhaps they can be shared here?

Claudia Dean will live stream on Saturday 21st March at 9pm

London time. I also think Tiler Peck may do the same?

If Claudia is streaming at 7am I think that’s our Friday night at 9. Or am I working it out wrong lol? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

If Claudia is streaming at 7am I think that’s our Friday night at 9. Or am I working it out wrong lol? 

I think you are right! Apologies, I am Australian too so really should know better! 

• Like 1

The Claudia Dean times are on her facebook page. I just tried to share the picture but it is too big and I can't work out how to make it smaller

she says for times round the world.

Brisbane 07:00

Sydney 08:00

Los Angeles 2pm/14:00 PDT

London 9pm/21:00 GMT

New York 5pm/17:00 EDT

Auckland 10:00 NZDT

Toronto 5pm/17:00 EDT

Singapore 05:00 SGT

(in case my working out into 24hr clock is wrong I have put the 12hr info she posted too)

A Ballet Education have posted info about live classes on their instagram feed (though I am not sure how the time zone affects the times they are on) as well as segments of class from the last few days which may help some people. Also, for strength and conditioning (although I gather many dancers will have their own routine), there is a YouTube page called Train like a Ballerina which has great videos! Hope this helps xx

• Like 1

While it's not technically ballet, a friend of mine has prepared a list of resources for Bellydance classes online.  So if any dancers are stuck t home and wanting some activity or a new challenge, you could always give it a try. 

https://sophiareports.wordpress.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-stopped-class-heres-where-to-learn-bellydance-online/

I do classes with one of the people she mentions (Leila Isaac) and would recommend her approach.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RHowarth said:

They have opened some classes for free to non-members this week, see their Facebook page for more info. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the heads up.... I’ve avoided ever joining Facebook but this new ‘life’ may just tip me over the edge to have to join! 

As it's a bit late at night I had a look to see if it was possible to record an Instagram live stream. Apparently there are programmes to do this so I'm going to try Mobus. It might make it easier to follow if I can get my DD to show me how to cast it to the TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMabbutt said:

As it's a bit late at night I had a look to see if it was possible to record an Instagram live stream. Apparently there are programmes to do this so I'm going to try Mobus. It might make it easier to follow if I can get my DD to show me how to cast it to the TV.

I am not clever enough to do this - mine will just have to stay up and do it live!!!

4 hours ago, Mrs Brown said:

I am not clever enough to do this - mine will just have to stay up and do it live!!!

I'm not that tech savvy myself but I've had a trial run with a random Instagram item and it seems fairly simple. I just hope it goes right on the night and I have enough memory to store the file. It's great to have the option to follow online classes and thanks to everyone who has shared a link.

Edited by SMabbutt
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BellaF said:

Tanya Pearson also streaming classes (from Australia so times need adjusting) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B90ept8gajY/?igshid=19bzdzi9xa2o2

The Tanya Pearson Academy live streams are also on YouTube and saved for viewing anytime. First one started today.  Taught by  Ms Lucinda Dunn (ex-principal The Australian Ballet) and kicks off at 20:00 into the video (as just setting up action before that) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRVtLyQQz-L1ss2g9b8n8HQ

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DD Driver said:

The Tanya Pearson Academy live streams are also on YouTube and saved for viewing anytime. First one started today.  Taught by  Ms Lucinda Dunn (ex-principal The Australian Ballet) and kicks off at 20:00 into the video (as just setting up action before that) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRVtLyQQz-L1ss2g9b8n8HQ

oh and another one has been added with younger (13ish) part time students

Edited by DD Driver
  • Like 2

Someone asked on Claudia Dean's facebook page if it would be possible to watch after it as they would be early hours of the morning where they are. She said there will be an announcement on her social media which should make it possible to watch after the event. 

• Like 2

I wonder if this sort of thing is something parents would consider paying for? I’m not sure with school closures my first priority would be paying for a streamed or video meeting dance class, when my child wasn’t receiving maths and english tuition, particularly for the kids who come for enjoyment & social rather than wanting to do something serious with it. 
I would be interested to hear thoughts, as a self employed dance teacher I’m debating applying for a supermarket job during this crisis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

I wonder if this sort of thing is something parents would consider paying for? I’m not sure with school closures my first priority would be paying for a streamed or video meeting dance class, when my child wasn’t receiving maths and english tuition, particularly for the kids who come for enjoyment & social rather than wanting to do something serious with it. 
I would be interested to hear thoughts, as a self employed dance teacher I’m debating applying for a supermarket job during this crisis

I think everyone is aware of how difficult things are for dance teachers at present.  I am already paying for online dance classes (samba and bellydance) at present and would be happy to pay for ballet (bearing in mind that I don't have a barre so exercises need to be modifiable.  I'm sure there are parents who would very glad to have some form of activity for their children to burn off some energy and would pay. That said I'm not a parent so can only speak for myself.  

• Like 1

I'm going to be doing some free online classes via my dance school on Facebook live - it's Warwick School of Dance. These are going to be aimed at community engagement and also ballet/tap/modern classes for younger children. I'm aware there is a wealth of pro/vocational level online material but less for children. If they go well I will be streaming classes and then if anyone wants private coaching via video I am going to be doing that too. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, drdance said:

I'm going to be doing some free online classes via my dance school on Facebook live - it's Warwick School of Dance. These are going to be aimed at community engagement and also ballet/tap/modern classes for younger children. I'm aware there is a wealth of pro/vocational level online material but less for children. If they go well I will be streaming classes and then if anyone wants private coaching via video I am going to be doing that too. 

Let us know please as I know  my 2 are bored all ready so same conditioning and PBT please as Dd is at home from Hammond and complaining of boredom 🤣 👍

• Like 1

On 18/03/2020 at 19:48, Tango Dancer said:

Bennet Gartside is giving an online class tomorrow at 7pm (UK time) on the Everybody Ballet Instagram site. 

I don't know how well it will work as it's the first time but I'm going to give it a try.  

Don’t know what you thought Tango Dancer but I absolutely loved it. Just right for me (ie: beginner)

10 minutes ago, Hambleton said:

Don’t know what you thought Tango Dancer but I absolutely loved it. Just right for me (ie: beginner)

I thought it was a really good beginner class.  I hope he runs them more regularly as I am getting withdrawal symptoms from lack of ballet.  

Tiler Peck has live streamed class for the last 2 days Via Instagram . My daughter really enjoyed following along from the kitchen! Think she will be back tomorrow. She even adapts the exercises for beginners to advanced.

• Like 1