Cancellations in the UK caused by coronavirus

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rowan said:

Cancellations in TV. Filming of EastEnders, Casualty, Holby City and Doctors has ceased. Broadcast episodes now decrease from four to two days a week using footage already filmed. That will leave considerable gaps in the schedules, especially if added to the televised sport that is no longer going ahead.

And even more concerning - Line of Duty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Have posted this link elsewhere, but this is a very interesting announcement:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-keeping-nation-informed-educated-entertained

Excellent.  This does sound like exactly what we should be hoping for from our leading public service broadcaster.

And:

"At a time when British culture is having to close its doors, the BBC, through iPlayer and Sounds, can give British culture an audience that can’t be there in person. We propose to run an essential arts and culture service - Culture in Quarantine - that will keep the Arts alive in people’s homes, focused most intensely across Radio 3, Radio 4, BBC Two, BBC Four, Sounds, iPlayer and our digital platforms, working closely with organisations like Arts Council England and other national funding and producing bodies. This will include guides to shuttered exhibitions, performances from world-class musicians and comedy clubs, new plays created especially for broadcast featuring exceptional talent, poetry and book readings."

I am so glad they hadn't got rid of the Red Button text service - it's been a bit of a lifefline for me in recent days.

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Cancellations in the UK caused by coronavirus

I just got an email from Medici TV which states:
'Next week, we had planned to stream Massenet’s Manon from the Opéra de Paris as part of our paid subscription offer. In light of the situation, we have decided that this broadcast–which was able to be filmed without an audience–will now be available to everyone for free and will remain available free of charge on replay.'

I assume that means free to non Medici subscribers too - might be worth a watch.

• Like 1

De Nada Dance Theatre has postponed the world premiere and short tour of Mariposa:

2082157407_denadadtlogo(2).png.c21b5cf079fef159fd9a8be89589156b.png

DeNada Dance Theatre’s ‘Mariposa’ 2020 tour update

As the UK Prime Minister’s statement earlier this week has resulted in some tour venues closing their doors until further notice, and in an abundance of caution for the safety of its dancers, team, audiences and outreach participants, DeNada Dance Theatre have postponed the spring 2020 UK tour of its new production, Mariposa, to autumn 2020, due to the current Covid-19 situation. 

Artistic director, Carlos Pons Guerra, said: "On behalf of the cast, creatives and team, we are deeply saddened by this unfortunate but necessary decision, but continue to plan and look forward to sharing this exciting new production with audiences across the UK in autumn 2020 and spring 2021. We thank all our followers and supporters for their patience at this difficult time." 

True to DeNada’s commitment to fostering cultural links between the UK and the Hispanic world, some of the cast and creative team for Mariposa is Spanish, and was residing in Spain during the outbreak of the virus and at the time of the country declaring state of emergency on 14 March. Due to the Spanish government restricting all travel in and out of the country, citizens being asked to remain in isolation, and the high level of infection in cities like Madrid and Valencia, where some team members reside, the company does not consider it safe or viable for Mariposa to spread its wings at this time. 

Ticket holders for the postponed performances in March and April 2020 should contact the venue directly (DanceXchange, The Lowry, and Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre). Tickets already purchased will be valid for new dates this autumn: DanceXchange on 1 & 2 October; The Lowry on 2 November; and Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre on 8 December. If ticket holders cannot make these new dates, DeNada Dance Theatre kindly ask ticket holders to consider supporting the arts and independent artists at this difficult time by donating the cost of their ticket, or whatever can be afforded, to the company's fundraising campaign, to help the production recover from financial losses. Donations can be made via https://ko-fi.com/denadadt

Postponed performances of Mariposa 2020:

Friday 27 & Saturday 28 March at 8pm

(Now scheduled for Thursday 1 & Friday 2 October, 2020)

DanceXchange, The Patrick Studio, BIRMINGHAM

0844 338 5000 / www.dancexchange.org

Friday 3 April at 7.30pm

(Now scheduled for Tuesday 8 December, 2020) 

Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre, LEEDS 

0113 220 8008 / www.theatreleeds.com

Monday 20 April at 8pm

(Now scheduled for Monday 2 November, 2020) 

The Lowry, SALFORD QUAYS

0843 208 6000 / www.thelowry.com

I've received this email from ENB:

As you are aware, this week the Government issued new advice and guidance with regards to the ongoing developments around Coronavirus Covid-19, which resulted in the temporary closure of many venues, theatres and buildings.  Immediately following, ENB’s Executive Team met to discuss how this impacts our working for the immediate future.

Our focus has been and continues to be on the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, audiences and supporters, and it is with great sadness that I’m writing you today with a few important updates:

Upcoming Performances

Sadler’s Wells (including the Peacock Theatre) have confirmed that they will close for 12 weeks. Sadly, we will not be able to perform Creature by Akram Khan or My First Ballet: Cinderella in April as planned.

London City Island

ENB’s London City Island building is closed to the general public and sadly we will not be able to offer any events or access until further notice.

Events, including Working Stage Rehearsal and Company Class

Events surrounding Creature, due to take place at Sadler’s Wells, will no longer take place. If you have purchased tickets for any of these events or performances for Creature via the Development office, you can:

·        Claim a refund

·        Credit your account with the amount paid, to be claimed at a later date for another performance. Performances of Creature at Sadler’s Wells in November will go on sale shortly

·        Choose to donate the cost of your ticket to ENB

Your support

We have deeply appreciated the many warm wishes and expressions of empathy and care that we have received in the past few days. We take comfort in the encouragement of our friends and supporters.

As a charity, we rely on your support now more than ever. Ticket sales provide substantial revenue funding, contributing a third of our annual income. There are substantial financial implications to postponements in our programme that impact our future work.

We are working hard to find ways to navigate the impact of this period of uncertainty, and any donation, large or small, will help provide security and clarity, in the short-term, during these uncertain times. Please donate.

Please contact Louisa or Imogen on the details below to discuss a refund or to donate.

Imogen

imogen.davies@ballet.org.uk

0207 590 2950.

Louisa

louisa.wood@ballet.org.uk

0207 590 2951

• Like 1

I've just sent my requests for the performances up to 19th April, it's annoying that the automated reply does not confirm the info you have sent, you've got no idea if you remembered to deselect the default option about what happens to your money if that's not what you want

4 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I've just sent my requests for the performances up to 19th April, it's annoying that the automated reply does not confirm the info you have sent, you've got no idea if you remembered to deselect the default option about what happens to your money if that's not what you want

Well when you get the confirmation email, the wording is a bit different depending on which option you've checked - the refund one says 'it may take a bit longer than usual to reach your account' or some such, and the credit one says 'we will be back in touch once the process has been completed'. Haven't donated yet so don't know about that wording.

• Like 2

I donated my ticket cost for the first performance I had booked and the email reply was worded as follows:

“Thank you for converting your ticket to a donation.

We greatly appreciate your generosity at this time. Your support will help us as we manage the impact of COVID-19 on our current projects and plan for the future.

We look forward to seeing you at the Royal Opera House again soon.”

This makes it clear that you have given a donation.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

See that the Covent Garden tube stop is one of the 40 that has now been closed due to the SARS-CoV-2/Covid 19 emergency.  

Presumably because of the lift access to the platforms 

• Like 1

Some, and only some, of the 40 stations closed are mentioned here: https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status/#stations-status

The TfL website is deeply unhelpful - but then, what's new?  Click on "More" on the banner headline announcing, among other things, suspension of the Night Tube, and you simply get taken to the Plan a Journey page.

"Tour Update:

In the light of the advice from Government that theatres should close for the foreseeable future, further performances of Evolution by the Acosta Danza company, presented by Dance Consortium, will not now go ahead.

If you have purchased tickets for a performance in Brighton, Canterbury, Salford, Plymouth, Newcastle or Nottingham the theatre will be in touch with you regarding refunds.

Many of the theatres who are members of Dance Consortium are independent charities which receive no funding, any support you might be able to give to your local theatres in these difficult times would be much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you to a Dance Consortium performance in the future.
Produced by Sadler’s Wells and Valid Productions. Co-produced with Birmingham Hippodrome, The Lowry, Salford and Norwich Theatre Royal"

I've still not had any contact from the ROH about my tickets.  I'd be grateful if someone who has been through the process would confirm whether the refund/donation form is personalised or generic and, if it is the latter, if they could send it to me (so that I don't need to disturb peeps at the ROH who are undoubtedly somewhat overwhelmed).  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bangorballetboy said:

I've still not had any contact from the ROH about my tickets.  I'd be grateful if someone who has been through the process would confirm whether the refund/donation form is personalised or generic and, if it is the latter, if they could send it to me (so that I don't need to disturb peeps at the ROH who are undoubtedly somewhat overwhelmed).  

It's generic, with the link in an email. I don't know if this will work but this is the link:

https://www.roh.org.uk/covid19tickets?utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_March_Cancellation_Bookers_Pre19April&utm_content=version_A&emailsource=49863

• Like 2

Sorry about the above I couldn’t get rid of it so posted it instead! I wasn’t intending on commenting on that so not sure what happened🤔

I actually wanted to double check when talking about ‘seasons’ do you mean the one starting in Sept ...so 20/21 new season or just shows further down this years season eg: in june and July 

36 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I've just received the ROH E-mail and done 5 tickets in a row and needed a break, I saved the Internet page, it's the same as above so looks okay, I presume all performances this Season are cancelled.

I see that 'pre19April' appears in the link, so I imagine they wouldn't want people applying for refunds for later performances (yet). (And assuming more performances are cancelled, it could perhaps allow them to adapt their processes at that stage to incorporate what they're learning from this process.)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I've just received the ROH E-mail and done 5 tickets in a row and needed a break, I saved the Internet page, it's the same as above so looks okay, I presume all performances this Season are cancelled.

Well not officially cancelled yet, I thought, as the email sent out with the link to the three options  just refers to cancellations up to 19 April. So I have only responded, as yet, for performances booked up to then ( I decided on a combination of donations and refunds). Are they responding in the same way already to tickets bought for  later performances, Beryl?

I find the TFL website very unhelpful at the best of times 😩

Gosh closing down the tube it is getting serious. 

I suppose until the last couple of days I have not really been gearing up for all this ( just a few bog rolls left NO Pasta NO handgel NO soup ) and not finding things and it’s a good job I had some paracetamol left from August as since this article all over Facebook about not taking Ibuprofen for this  the chemists are now out of that as well 😬 

I was really hoping the UK wouldn’t get into this lockdown situation that’s in other countries ( our numbers are lower than some ) 

But anyway best wishes to all you Londonites can’t wait to be able to go up again. 

• Like 5