BBC Arts announces 2020 dance season

I might be wrong but I thought I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that Yuli is not being broadcast until July.

Saw this in the Times article about the BBC dance season 

Yuli: The Carlos Acosta Story, the celebrated film about the Cuban’s remarkable life, will get its TV premiere on BBC Two later in the summer.

• Like 2

This page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08dpy7h

lists a number of, but by no means all, the programmes.  So I suppose I'll have to have a go with the little information I've got  :(

All on BBC4:

Sunday 24th May, 10-11.30 pm: Revisor by Crystal Pite and Jonathan Young

Monday 25th May, 7.30-8 pm: Danceworks: Firedance: Latin Fever (repeated 1.40 am)

Tuesday 26th May, 7.30-8 pm: Danceworks: Sharon Eyal: A Basic Instinct (repeated 2 am)

Wednesday 27th May

7.30-8 pm: Danceworks: Ballet Black: The Waiting Game (repeated 2 am)

9-10 pm: Men At The Barre: Inside The Royal Ballet (repeated 2.30 am)

10.30-11.30 pm: BalletBoyz Deluxe: Bradley 4:18; Ripple

11.30-12.30 am: Dance on Film: BBC Introducing Arts

(what on earth is so special about May 27th that we get so much clumped together on one evening, while everything else is rather bitty, I don't know)

Thursday 28th May, 7.30-8 pm: Danceworks: Maria Pages: An Ode to Flamenco

I've been watching a lot of BBC4 recently, but still haven't seen any advertising of this season.  Clearly also there's no link to an all-inclusive "season" webpage from all the individual programme webpages.  Makes me wonder what on earth the BBC is doing: anybody would think they didn't want people to know it was on at all ... :(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alison said:

This page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08dpy7h

lists a number of, but by no means all, the programmes.  So I suppose I'll have to have a go with the little information I've got  :(

Thank you for this, I had missed the Crystal Pite which is now set to record.

Also don't forget Dracula (posted above) on 31st May.

Edited by Janite

Not seen as yet, I think:

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 10:33, Pulcinella said:

live performances filmed at [...] the Royal Opera House 

Devil In The Feet – the story of Irish Dance and how it’s gone from a traditional folk dance to a global phenomenon.

imagine…Kate Prince: Every Move She Makes – or has this already aired?

Unless those who said the showing of Mayerling a couple of months ago didn't count were wrong?  Or something was filmed in the Linbury?

As has already been posted, what appears to be the last part of this is Northern Ballet's Dracula at 10 pm BBC4, Sunday 31st May.  This is followed at 11.45 pm by "Ballrooms and Ballerinas: Dance at the BBC", which is a repeat.  I think I recorded separate snippets of this onto disc when it came out a few years ago, which suggests that I found it rather hit and miss.

• Like 1