Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all

 

Does anyone have any advice on split sole satin ballet shoes for a very skinny footed child. They’re for EYB and so need to be satin. She’s only a 13.5/1 in ballet shoes. Bloch (who supply her Elmhurst satin but full soles) don’t appear to start until a size 2. We’ve tried the So Danca ones but they seem quite stiff and wide. 
 

Help please!! 🩰 

 

Thank you so much 😊 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they have to be split sole?  You may struggle to get split sole Bloch prolites in child sizes whereas the full sole satin Prolites come in all sizes from children’s size 7 upwards.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Do they have to be split sole?  You may struggle to get split sole Bloch prolites in child sizes whereas the full sole satin Prolites come in all sizes from children’s size 7 upwards.  

Thank you. Yes, she has the Bloch full soles for Elmhurst. They’re lovely. But they’re allowed split sole (but have to be satin) for EYB so she’s very keen to try and find some as that’s what all of the other girls have! Thank you for trying to help 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Thank you. Yes, she has the Bloch full soles for Elmhurst. They’re lovely. But they’re allowed split sole (but have to be satin) for EYB so she’s very keen to try and find some as that’s what all of the other girls have! Thank you for trying to help 😊

 

Ah, I see.  No problem - perhaps someone else will be along with some tips! ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TinyNEDancer

 

I'm not sure if these would be any good for your daughter. They don't do half sizes until 1.5 but the description states they are snug so might be suitable for a slim foot. 

Just to add that I've no experience of these personally though. 

Here's the link which hopefully works!

https://www.dancinginthestreet.com/Catalogue/Dance-Shoes-Dance-Shoe-Accessories/Soft-Ballet-Gym-Shoes/Starlite-Ballet-Shoes/Starlite-Flexi-Satin-Ballet-Shoes-Split-Sole

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mumofballetmaddaughter said:

Hi TinyNEDancer

 

I'm not sure if these would be any good for your daughter. They don't do half sizes until 1.5 but the description states they are snug so might be suitable for a slim foot. 

Just to add that I've no experience of these personally though. 

Here's the link which hopefully works!

https://www.dancinginthestreet.com/Catalogue/Dance-Shoes-Dance-Shoe-Accessories/Soft-Ballet-Gym-Shoes/Starlite-Ballet-Shoes/Starlite-Flexi-Satin-Ballet-Shoes-Split-Sole

Thank you! I’ve ordered a choice of sizes in these ones. I’ve also ordered some Roch Valley ones. Someone suggested that the cheaper ones might be narrower. 
 

So that’s 3 pairs I have at home, 5 more pairs on order. Let’s hope one of them fits 🩰

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I’ve ordered some Dancewear Central, not Bloch though, everywhere I’ve checked says size 2 as smallest. I ordered those in hope, but they’re just a bit too big. Lovely material and potential though! Thank you! 
 

The quest continues 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for Starlite here. They were the only ballet shoes that reliably fitted my DD’s narrow feet (with the added bonus of them being incredibly cheap! 😂). I’m not sure about their satin split sole, but the leather ones were quite small so perhaps order a few sizes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

Another vote for Starlite here. They were the only ballet shoes that reliably fitted my DD’s narrow feet (with the added bonus of them being incredibly cheap! 😂). I’m not sure about their satin split sole, but the leather ones were quite small so perhaps order a few sizes. 

Ah this is beginning to look reassuring, phew! I’ve ordered 3 sizes. At this rate all my capital will be in satin ballet shoes 😂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Ah this is beginning to look reassuring, phew! I’ve ordered 3 sizes. At this rate all my capital will be in satin ballet shoes 😂

 

Wait until your dd starts pointework! 🤭😂 ££££

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Grishko do satin slippers with split soles in quite a wide variety of widths and styles. Or at least they did when my DD was young, though it took a while to get them imported - hopefully it is easier now!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have tried so many soft shoes to get a snug flattering fit for a narrow foot! We've had some joy with Starlite and Roche Valley, but our favourite split sole satins have been Katz https://www.katz-dancewear.co.uk/ - unlike the other bigger brands, this one only comes in one width but is a perfect shape for narrower feet. If particularly narrow like my DD (as in A-B width fitting) then go half to a full size down to get a proper snug fit. Only about £10 too I think, although it's been at least a year since we've bought them for comps and performances.

 

Edited by Glacier
To add price
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very strange to read as my DD has very wide feet and we have struggled to get any wide enough, but both Starlite and Katz are the ones that fit her! She finds all the others way too narrow. I've also been on the receiving end of having ordered 10 different pairs in different sizes and brands in a panic to get some that fit for an exam! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Millicent said:

This is very strange to read as my DD has very wide feet and we have struggled to get any wide enough, but both Starlite and Katz are the ones that fit her! She finds all the others way too narrow. I've also been on the receiving end of having ordered 10 different pairs in different sizes and brands in a panic to get some that fit for an exam! 

I would guess that they’re perhaps made from cheaper materials that then stretch to fit a wider range of feet? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...