Associates auditions

Dancingsantosisters

Very new to this but my daughter's dance teacher has suggested she audition for the Elmhurst young dancer programme. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other assosiate programmes that she could also audition for ? We are based in the Northwest so ideally something not a million miles away would be great. Thanks in advance 😁 xx 

Just an idea but I would chat with her teacher again as to why she suggested Elmhurst and is there a particular teacher she hopes will teach your child etc, each associate schemes run different programmes so her teacher may have suggested Elmhurst for a particular reason 

• Like 1

You say North West.... The Hammond in Chester run programmes too. Remember

mall the various ‘Associste’ schemes out there have commitments that will often impact the whole family with time/travel/finance so important to get the right balance & go try out for best options to suit your individual life situation! 

There is also Tring CBA which I think is only once a month but a decent length session so actually whilst it could be a long journey at least it’s only once a month not weekly but could well provide similar hours of training as a weekly programme might and might be more economical with fewer journeys (my DD did this - it was a 2.5 hour journey but Sunday traffic was good & could tie if in with visiting family who lived near to Tring) 

Good luck! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 1

Thank you both. She's had students in the past attend Elmhurst and really enjoyed their progress. Its just the associates programme in Manchester and it's mainly due to logistics. 

I looked at the Hammond but i think we've missed the boat on auditions with that one unfortunately. I'll have a little look at Tring too. So far we've decided to apply for Royal Ballet and also Elmhurst, she's very excited but then what 10 year old wouldn't be.

• Like 2

Welcome from me too, Dancingsantosisters - we have lots of threads about Associates, some of which you may find helpful, so I’ve added the tag “Associates” to your thread.  If you click on it, you should get a list of all other threads on the subject to peruse at your leisure.

I'm a bit out of the loop nowadays as my DD is grown up now, but she had friends who attended the Cecchetti Northern Associates in Warrington some years ago. I am not sure of the details but I am sure Google will help! 

Depending on exactly whereabouts you are in the NW and how far you are willing to travel, you could look at the Midlands or Scotland where there are a number of possibilities including Scottish Ballet Associates, MIDAS in Birmingham (run by one of our members here, the fabulous Dr Dance ) and I believe there is a Ballet Boost Associates starting in Newcastle Under Lyme. If you travel east there is Northern Ballet Associates in Leeds, York Dance Scholars and SLP in Leeds also have an associate scheme.

You may have missed quite a lot of auditions for this year I'm afraid but its always worth looking for next year. Good luck!

• Like 2

Warrington suggests KS Dance in which case your daughter would be assessed by one of the countries best and most experienced teachers, Kate Simmons and that way you will be given realistic advice. At this age I’m afraid its all about bodies and ability and laying a solid foundation emotionally as well as physically. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Canary said:

Warrington suggests KS Dance in which case your daughter would be assessed by one of the countries best and most experienced teachers, Kate Simmons and that way you will be given realistic advice. At this age I’m afraid its all about bodies and ability and laying a solid foundation emotionally as well as physically. 

I'm not sure that's right actually. Cecchetti Northern Associates do use the KS Dance building but to my knowledge there is no direct connection with the school. Or at least there wasn't when the people we knew were going - it may have changed of course. I wouldn't make that assumption though.

• Like 2

I can highly recommend Cecchetti Northern Associates which is held at KS Dance in Warrington. Classes are monthly on a Sunday and involve a ballet class and a class in another subject, such as Jazz or contemporary. Auditions are in June for Septembers intake (you audition for each yearly intake). The fees are really reasonable too. Yes a member of KS Dance Faculty runs the programme, and sometimes faculty do teach on it, but teaching staff for the Associates come from the Hammond and Tring amongst others. The session with Shannon and Peter Parker is always a highlight. 

18 hours ago, Contretemps said:

I can highly recommend Cecchetti Northern Associates which is held at KS Dance in Warrington. Classes are monthly on a Sunday and involve a ballet class and a class in another subject, such as Jazz or contemporary. Auditions are in June for Septembers intake (you audition for each yearly intake). The fees are really reasonable too. Yes a member of KS Dance Faculty runs the programme, and sometimes faculty do teach on it, but teaching staff for the Associates come from the Hammond and Tring amongst others. The session with Shannon and Peter Parker is always a highlight. 

Thank you so much. They have entered me onto their mailing list in order to apply so just awaiting that coming through x