Northern Ballet (Leeds) CAT prelim auditions

HowMuch!

Hi all,

Would anyone mind giving me a brief insight into what they do at the CAT prelim audition. DD has both CAT and associate auditions on Sunday and whilst she’s experienced the associate audition before, I’m wondering what happens in the CAT one. 

Thank you! 

Hi

My daughter said it was just a ballet class , she really enjoyed it, for her final audition she had to join in with the girls who were already on the CAT scheme, so just did one of their typical classes. My daughter is older though so think it’s a bit different , my youngest is auditioning Sunday and I have told her to just enjoy herself! See you there ! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, glowlight said:

Reassure her that it won't matter if she has a nose bleed during the audition.  

It's one way to get noticed!

It might be worth mentioning to the staff when you check her in, and making sure she has a stash of tissues just in case.

😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, Bluebird22 said:

Has anyone heard yet about finals? 

Last year it was on the Thursday so I’m trying not to over-check my emails yet 😂 There was an email today from the academy staff which got me excited but it was just about Coronavirus advice! 😬

1 minute ago, Streetdancer said:

My DD is doing it. It's her first time though, so I probably can't help if you have any questions 😉

My DD too but its our first time aswell, although she is a current associate.  Just awaiting more information from them.

3 minutes ago, Damedolly said:

We got finals too for CAT! My daughter who is already a CAT took a report from her principal just saying what she was like at dance, her strengths and weaknesses and the physical checks I think were by a physio ? 

That’s great news! 

11 minutes ago, Hsq said:

Hi were have cat results and its finals for my dd, could anyone help im not too sure what the teacher report is for and what are the physical checks at final thanks

Well done to your DD! Sorry I can’t help with your questions other than to say I’ve sent the form to DD’s teacher and I’m guessing she’ll write something like a reference/school report.

1 hour ago, Damedolly said:

We got finals too for CAT! My daughter who is already a CAT took a report from her principal just saying what she was like at dance, her strengths and weaknesses and the physical checks I think were by a physio ? 

Hi @damedolly what are the days and hours for CAT per week. My daughter has got through to finals but we didn’t attend the open day so I don’t know much about this side of it. Thanks

My daughter is older so is there Monday, Wednesday , Thursday and Saturday. I’m led to believe the level ones would be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, roughly 4.45-7.45 week nights and Saturdays my DD does 10.45-6 . They also have to attend school holidays , and they actually start in the summer holidays not in September! It’s definitely long hours and a huge commitment as my daughter left her dance school to concentrate on CAT but she absolutely loves every minute of it ! 

52 minutes ago, Damedolly said:

My daughter is older so is there Monday, Wednesday , Thursday and Saturday. I’m led to believe the level ones would be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, roughly 4.45-7.45 week nights and Saturdays my DD does 10.45-6 . They also have to attend school holidays , and they actually start in the summer holidays not in September! It’s definitely long hours and a huge commitment as my daughter left her dance school to concentrate on CAT but she absolutely loves every minute of it ! 

DD is 11 year 7 at the moment and we are Hull so not sure if it would be doable. Thank you so much for your reply x

6 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

DD is 11 year 7 at the moment and we are Hull so not sure if it would be doable. Thank you so much for your reply x

It might be worth calling them for a chat. I felt quite reassured after the open day that although they want 100% commitment, they also take ‘real life’ into account and also that they support with the academic school’s understanding of possible need to leave school early etc. 

41 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

It might be worth calling them for a chat. I felt quite reassured after the open day that although they want 100% commitment, they also take ‘real life’ into account and also that they support with the academic school’s understanding of possible need to leave school early etc. 

I will do thank you for your reply 😊 

Is anyone’s else’s DC doing both the associate and CAT finals on Sunday? Or anyone with past experience of doing both?

I’m feeling quite apprehensive about it and how DD will manage such a long day. And what to do in the break that won’t add to her tiredness - either through walking about town or through sitting and waiting, both of which can be draining!

I’m pretty sure she’ll be so excited that the tiredness won’t hit her until we get home though! But any tips would be greatly appreciated!