• 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2020 at 12:10, Tango Dancer said:

Finding larger sized ballet wear is a complete pain in the bum.  Whoever makes it obviously doesn't expect size 16 women to do ballet and makes no allowance for D cups. I think there is definitely a gap in the market.  It took me the best part of a year of class to feel confident enough to want to wear actuall ballet clothes so it's a bit of a downer that it's so difficult to find anything. 

@balletgremlin made me the most incredibly awesome wrap skirt (which makes everyone else in class wildly jealous) so I would recommend her work and I'd pay real money for her to make and sell  a leotard that would actually fit and have poppers between the legs. 

I found a leotard on Etsy from a seller called fashionfabrics17.  The quality is not amazing but they are cheap and they do larger sizes which is good.  I got another from Bezonnier through Amazon which is better quality but more expensive.  I don't like going to actual shops because I always think everyone else is laughing at the plump middle aged woman wanting ballet clothes so I prefer online if possible. 

I will check out Esme dance for custom made, thanks for the tip.   

Esty is a good site more of a range, I've always struggled to find mens footed nylon/lycra tights but was able to get two pairs off there

• 2 years later...
On 28/02/2020 at 17:10, Pups_mum said:

If it is any consolation, women's cycling wear is much the same. A UK 14 is generally XL, or XXL in most brands, and is often not in stock. 

I imagine similar problems exist in other sports and activities.

And people wonder why there aren't more women participating in physical activities. 🙄

Though this is an older post, I just came across this topic and I wanted to share an info. Somebody may find it useful in the future. For all those finding it hard to find larger sizes of leotard like XL, XXL and even XXXL, let me tell you that there's an Australian brand - Energetiks - that offers such large sizes of adult dance leotards. I hope this many of you will find this information helpful.

Edited by Bella Fuller
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bella Fuller said:

Though this is an older post, I just came across this topic and I wanted to share an info. Somebody may find it useful in the future. For all those finding it hard to find larger sizes of leotard like XL, XXL and even XXXL, let me tell you that there's an Australian brand - Energetiks - that offers such large sizes of adult dance leotards. I hope this many of you will find this information helpful.

Hello Bella and welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1