Summer dance school in Moscow

Gregory

Hi

My name is Greg from France.

My girlfriend beguin to study dance at age 17. She is 20 now. To help her get better and to have a professional experience I want to offer to her a summer training in a dance school in Moscou (Russia). Because she is not a professional dancer I don't think she can enter in a great school like the Bolchoi. So I want to know if any of you know a dance school in Moscou (or in St-Petesterbourg) that accept international student for a summer training ?

I really want to help her to be better in dance that's why I think this experience can create trust in her.

Thank you for your help ! You are awsome !

• alison changed the title to Summer dance school in Moscow

Hi Greg,

Im not sure that what you are looking for exists. But maybe someone on this forum can help you find something more appropriate for your girlfriend. What is your girlfriend hoping to gain from the experience? Most students of your girlfriends age will be dancing professionally by now and students attend these international intensives at a very high standard indeed hoping to get noticed by the AD as well as improving their technique.

I am not familiar with schools in Russia but I can tell you that most international summer intensives are highly sought after and even students who have been training full time vocationally from age 11 have tough competition to get accepted. The training in Russia is very different and tough and unless your girlfriend has been studying this technique from the beginning, it probably wouldn’t be the most suitable for a late starter. Have you considered other parts of the world who all have strong ballet techniques and may offer an adult ballet week / 2 week course? There are definitely some here in the UK which are very popular and have been mentioned on this forum. Sure someone will bring up some names for you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, valentina said:

Hi Greg,

Im not sure that what you are looking for exists. But maybe someone on this forum can help you find something more appropriate for your girlfriend. What is your girlfriend hoping to gain from the experience? Most students of your girlfriends age will be dancing professionally by now and students attend these international intensives at a very high standard indeed hoping to get noticed by the AD as well as improving their technique.

I am not familiar with schools in Russia but I can tell you that most international summer intensives are highly sought after and even students who have been training full time vocationally from age 11 have tough competition to get accepted. The training in Russia is very different and tough and unless your girlfriend has been studying this technique from the beginning, it probably wouldn’t be the most suitable for a late starter. Have you considered other parts of the world who all have strong ballet techniques and may offer an adult ballet week / 2 week course? There are definitely some here in the UK which are very popular and have been mentioned on this forum. Sure someone will bring up some names for you.

Hi. Thanks for the answer. And the advices also. I didn't look at other country because my girlfriend isn't an europpean so it's more easy to get a visa for here to go to Russia and not in the UK. But I'll still look for english schools. Thanks. 

I think she will gain confidence in her because she knows that she beguin learning dance too late so she sometimes is depressed whith this fact. Training in another country will psychologically upgrade her self esteem. 

It’s lovely that you are supporting her in this way!

I wish you the best of luck in finding something suitable and hope your girlfriend loves every moment of her ballet experiences.

As you can see from the forum there are loads and loads of adults enjoying ballet ( some who started very late) and, even though they will never be professional, more and more opportunities are popping up to take advantage of. 

• Like 2

I agree, this is a very kind gesture and so nice of you to do for her 🙂

I have no idea about her visa situation, but this article about adult summer intensives just popped up on my feed. Whilst it's US-centric, there's also one in Croatia here: https://www.chatballet.com/. If your girlfriend can travel through the Schengen area as part of her French residency, then I believe that Croatia doesn't require a visa - even though it's not part of Schengen itself. Do check though! https://www.pointemagazine.com/summer-intensives-for-adult-dancers-2645151370.html

Edited by Meetmeatthebarre
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi! Thanks you very much for your encouragements. I really do hope we can find something OK with her dance level and situation. 

I will search with attention every opportunity and if something is good I will let you know. 

Thanks again.