EYB scholarship

Tutumuchmum

Can anyone  please tell me if English youth ballet still do a full scholarship it says half on their website . I know there used to be a full one awarded as my friends daughter was lucky to receive it a couple of times .  Just wanted to check before I apply as I have three dancing daughters which is getting rather costly ! 

1 hour ago, Granbatty said:

I think you will find it is three half scholarships for both juniors & seniors. Certainly was the case for juniors at Bromley audition as my dgc was one on the junior recipients.

Well done to your daughter , hope she enjoys the whole experience 

At one of the most recent auditions (end of last year) there were 3 half scholarships awarded, rather than one full and one half. Well definitely for the Juniors anyway. 

On this, does anyone know if this makes any difference/has any impact at all once they start rehearsing? My DD was awarded one and is due to begin rehearsals soon. I think she’s slightly apprehensive that there will be some extra expectations. I’m not sure there will be but it’s best to be prepared! 

On 23/02/2020 at 17:55, TinyNEDancer said:

At one of the most recent auditions (end of last year) there were 3 half scholarships awarded, rather than one full and one half. Well definitely for the Juniors anyway. 

On this, does anyone know if this makes any difference/has any impact at all once they start rehearsing? My DD was awarded one and is due to begin rehearsals soon. I think she’s slightly apprehensive that there will be some extra expectations. I’m not sure there will be but it’s best to be prepared! 

My dd received the full senior scholarship and apart from having her photo taken on audition day and having to complete an email questionnaire about her ballet experience there was no extra expectation, in fact, I’m fairly sure it wasn’t mentioned during rehearsals at all. 

3 hours ago, Loulou said:

My dd received the full senior scholarship and apart from having her photo taken on audition day and having to complete an email questionnaire about her ballet experience there was no extra expectation, in fact, I’m fairly sure it wasn’t mentioned during rehearsals at all. 

Thank you so much @Loulou 😊

4 hours ago, Loulou said:

Congratulations to your daughter , hope she had a wonderful time .