Possibility of summer courses clashing

Dance*is*life

A former student has been accepted for an excellent summer course, but because she is auditioning for various full time vocational schools, she is concerned that if one accepts her, they will expect her to attend their own course.  I have advised her that I don't think that's likely - once she has registered and paid for a summer school  I really don't think a school would expect her to cancel it in favour of their own summer school.   Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  She has to register and pay by tomorrow, so she's very stressed. 

I don’t think she needs to worry that a vocational school with expect her to attend their summer school. If it’s a reputable school I would expect that they’re already got a full cohort for the summer course. Also summer courses are a good way for prospective applicants to see if they like a school so if she’s already accepted a place it’s a bit too late for her. 
Good luck to her for her auditions. 

• Like 2

I don’t know of any schools insisting pupils attend their summer school. As Jane said, it’s probable that their summer school would already have been filled anyway. 
I think your pupil should go ahead and enjoy the summer school which they chose ( for very good reasons I’m sure) and enjoy experience before ( hopefully) going on to their upper school, full of joyful memories and maybe some new friends 

• Like 2

I agree with the other replies - she can go to whichever summer school has accepted her and it will have no bearing whatsover on auditions for Upper Schools, presuming this is Europe. 

In USA it is different.  There the summer intensives can last 4 - 8 weeks and very often they make their choices for "year round training" at the summer intensive.  Usually there are competitive auditions just to get into the summer intensive.

• Like 4