Central finals 2020

Happymum

1 hour ago, Princess dreams said:

Will be very surprised if finals go ahead, anyone heard?  Wonder what will happen if cancelled....wonder if they will offer from notes from first auditions?

I hope they’re deciding today, I’m going to email and check tomorrow if we don’t hear anything. RCS are going to ask for video auditions I think. However there are going to be lots of kids who just can’t do that because they don’t have access to the facilities to record. It’s all a worry, certainly, but at least everyone is in the same position. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, balletgeek said:

Just looking at email re digital submission. Does anybody know if the video links of SS students demonstrating, are to be copied/that music used...or as a guide & to be choreographed yourself?

Many thanks for opinions!

Not 100% sure but my DD and one of her friends did the exercises as shown and played them back on a laptop whilst they did them so that they also had the same music.  My DD felt that was easier than trying to source music with the right count etc.

8 minutes ago, dancefanatic said:

Not 100% sure but my DD and one of her friends did the exercises as shown and played them back on a laptop whilst they did them so that they also had the same music.  My DD felt that was easier than trying to source music with the right count etc.

Thanks so much for your help. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, dancingboy65 said:

On the email DS got it, with all the information about the digital audition on, it said on or before the 20th April they would receive the results. I wonder how many videos they've got to go through ?!!

So it does! Thank you. I imagine they have quite a few. Tricky waiting when we have to let other places know whether we’re accepting their offer though!

Waitlist place for us. Does anyone know if they just say this to everyone or whether it’s a few people? And/Or the likelihood of a place? CSB is our favourite school, however we have other schools offers that we need to accept or decline and are unsure how likely a place is from waitlist.

Edited by taxiforballet
  • Like 1

There is a real waitlist and people do get places offered from it. They do not say this to everyone. There are many “No” emails unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, taxiforballet said:

Waitlist place for us. Does anyone know if they just say this to everyone or whether it’s a few people? And/Or the likelihood of a place? CSB is our favourite school, however we have other schools offers that we need to accept or decline and are unsure how likely a place is from waitlist.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dancefanatic said:

we're still waiting for the email - seems to be taking an age to come through.  DD like a cat on a hot tin roof, particularly as some of her friends have had their results (about an hour ago!).

We haven’t had ours yet either. 

• 2 weeks later...