Jump to content
Happymum

Central finals 2020

Recommended Posts

Great news for my DC today, Central finals 😁. I was surprised how quickly we’ve heard back, the preliminary audition was only this Sunday. Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear and to those who are auditioning later this month. Is there anyone who could describe the finals from last year? We have been told that maybe the physio assessment will be needed and it will be a day before finals. Was it just for a chosen few or majority of applicants? Was it in the afternoon or morning? I hope we will get more details soon to decide if we need one or two nights at a hotel. All the usual information about what the audition consist of, how many in finals etc will be great. I’ve read all the old posts but they are mostly about accommodation or are quite old. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ds will be there too. We too are waiting for more details to help with planning! I couldn’t work out how they would decided who needed to see the physio. Is it based on what they saw at the first audition maybe? Or those who declared a previous injury. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to your DS Farawaydancer. I was also wandering about it...... anyway I’ve just emailed Central with a question about the timing on 21st, will let you know when I hear from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter auditioned today. She was in the first row/group of candidates and was surprised the order wasn't rotated as those in the back rows were able to watch each exercise run through 4 or 5 times before their go, which is a huge advantage. Is this common in auditions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just asked my DD about this, she was there yesterday as well in the middle. She didn't think it made much difference as the exercises were relatively straight forward, maybe it depends on how quickly someone is able to pick up the steps? Either way good luck to your DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, paulc said:

My daughter auditioned today. She was in the first row/group of candidates and was surprised the order wasn't rotated as those in the back rows were able to watch each exercise run through 4 or 5 times before their go, which is a huge advantage. Is this common in auditions?

I was one of the first numbers yesterday as well and I found it a bit odd but I guess it worked for the panel! All the best to your dd xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Princess dreams said:

Well done to the yes’s for finals so far!  Is it email or post that we receive?


Email. Ours came about four days after the audition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all the “yeses”! 
I’ve heard back from Central and from a few other people who kindly contacted me and it looks like the physical assessment can happen any time on Saturday 21st, Including the morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Happymum said:

Congratulations to all the “yeses”! 
I’ve heard back from Central and from a few other people who kindly contacted me and it looks like the physical assessment can happen any time on Saturday 21st, Including the morning. 


Thought this might be the case, which means a two night stay for us 😢 thank you for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping it’s not too long before we receive further updates on the audition timing and whether required for Saturday or not.... can’t book trains/hotel until then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Princess dreams said:

Has anyone heard when we might find out whether our DD/DS. are needed on the Saturday yet?


No, not a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have told my DC that there is a possibility that the audition will be cancelled/postponed because of the Coronavirus 😟. Of course I hope it won’t happen but I know of an open day/interview day which has been cancelled at one of the  schools in London ( not dancing). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Happymum said:

I have told my DC that there is a possibility that the audition will be cancelled/postponed because of the Coronavirus 😟. Of course I hope it won’t happen but I know of an open day/interview day which has been cancelled at one of the  schools in London ( not dancing). 

Advice for current students issued last week (as well as not to attend if you have developed symptoms after visiting one of the affected areas) was as follows:

"We are therefore asking all students and visitors to the school to ensure that as soon as you enter the building, you use the hand sanitiser provided in the main reception. With exposure during daily commutes, it is essential that you adhere to this.  Every studio is equipped with hand sanitizer units and we have always encouraged all our staff and students to use these before and at the end of each ballet class to reduce the risk of infection."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you MAK for the information. 
The emails are out with the timings. Luckily DC assessment is in the afternoon on Saturday so just one night in a hotel for us. I’ve read the email twice and it doesn’t say if it’s in the old or in the new school building so I’ve just email them to find out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve received a swift reply - the audition will be held in the old building and there will be no opportunity to see the new school. More information about the move will be given to parents during Q&A time on the audition day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Happymum said:

I’ve received a swift reply - the audition will be held in the old building and there will be no opportunity to see the new school. More information about the move will be given to parents during Q&A time on the audition day. 


Thank you for finding out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Princess dreams said:

Hi, has anyone heard whether the Sunday finals are still going ahead?x


Nothing at all either way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...