Royal Ballet School at Prix de Lausanne

Third Year RBS students performed during the interval of Sunday's Prix de Lausanne Finals.  The links are now on YouTube and I've posted them in the relevant thread in Doing Dance but it occurred to me that these performances might well be of interest to those who don't read the Doing Dance Forum.

https://youtu.be/lhdBugHv7EM Larina Waltz (Ashley Page)
https://youtu.be/hY36y4I7O-s Rhapsody extracts (Ashton) (NB the performance doesn't start until around 18 seconds into the video)

Edited: Belated thanks to Sophia on Dansomanie for the links.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, maryrosesatonapin said:

I very much enjoyed these performances (except for the unfortunate error) and thought the girl particularly good, and so confident!  I'd love to know her name.

Lauren Hunter if not mistaken. But thought that as a whole this graduate year has many stars. And for such a complex and at times fast paced movements they did great. Congrats to the pdd teacher at the RBS since I thought all the couples did amazing.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2020 at 16:21, Ingrid said:

Lauren Hunter if not mistaken. But thought that as a whole this graduate year has many stars. And for such a complex and at times fast paced movements they did great. Congrats to the pdd teacher at the RBS since I thought all the couples did amazing.

Yes it was Lauren Hunter, who was a PDL prize winner a few years ago.  I agree that this year’s graduate year is possibly going to be an exceptional one - Hanna Park (a previous PDL orizewinner also)  is one to look out for too.

It was actually Lucy Waine ( the blonde one) who I saw at YBSS and was very good in a modern piece at the RBS show last summer. 

She really stood out when I watched the class in York a couple of years ago now and am pretty sure her mother had said she was either at or going to go the RBS. 

Wasnt Hanna Park the girl on the extreme left in the group piece ...at the curtain call.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2020 at 21:29, LinMM said:

It was actually Lucy Waine ( the blonde one) who I saw at YBSS and was very good in a modern piece at the RBS show last summer. 

She really stood out when I watched the class in York a couple of years ago now and am pretty sure her mother had said she was either at or going to go the RBS. 

Wasnt Hanna Park the girl on the extreme left in the group piece ...at the curtain call.

Yes LinMM she was on the far left.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone clarify or maybe correct me, but in the ballet association report interview with Hannah Park and Denilson Almeida it seems like it was confirmed that they both got the Aud Jensen Young Dancer apprenticeship with the Royal Ballet. This being a correct assessment, I hope a few ( at least four if I were to guess) others also got the apprenticeship too.

https://balletassociation.co.uk/pages/reports-2020-jessica-clarke

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ingrid said:

Can someone clarify or maybe correct me, but in the ballet association report interview with Hannah Park and Denilson Almeida it seems like it was confirmed that they both got the Aud Jensen Young Dancer apprenticeship with the Royal Ballet. This being a correct assessment, I hope a few ( at least four if I were to guess) others also got the apprenticeship too.

https://balletassociation.co.uk/pages/reports-2020-jessica-clarke

Thank you for posting that Ingrid.

The stories of Hannah Park and Denilson Almeida were an eye-opener!

• Like 2