Johan Kobborg brings his Romeo and Juliet to RAH - now rescheduled to 1st December 2021

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why it's changed from an attractive design highlighting Cojocaru, Polunin and the RAH? Maybe the lead artists can't commit so far ahead? Though that wouldn't explain (justify) the crude dagger through the heart image.

On 31/03/2020 at 08:14, bridiem said:

Wonder why it's changed from an attractive design highlighting Cojocaru, Polunin and the RAH? Maybe the lead artists can't commit so far ahead? Though that wouldn't explain (justify) the crude dagger through the heart image.

The cast won’t be changing.  The new date will have been set to suit them all.  This version was specifically choreographed by Johan Kobborg for Alina Cojocaru and Sergei Polunin, and was commissioned and funded by Sergei’s company PoluninInk.

I rather like the new artwork.  

The photo of Sergei and Alina (by Morgan Norman) in the RAH poster was also used for the premiere in Verona in August 2019.

FYI, there are only around 500 of the original 5000 seats unsold.  I notice a few of the private boxes have been released for sale recently.  

• 1 year later...

Fabulous news from Sergei Polunin and Johan Kobborg on International Dance Day ... a new date for Johan’s ROMEO & JULIET starring Alina Cojocaru and Sergei Polunin

Wednesday, 1st December 2021

8pm

Royal Albert Hall

teaser trailer here ...

poluninink On International Dance Day I’m happy to announce that the date of “Romeo & Juliet” UK premiere has been confirmed! The long-awaited performance will take place on the 1st of December, 2021 at @royalalberthall.

Choreography by @johankobborg
Juliet @dancingalinaofficial

Tickets on sale now - link in bio

Happy Dance Day!
#danceday #romeoandjuliet #royalalberthall

https://www.instagram.com/p/COPpZ_FJBq-/?igshid=1cu40kk59lgfg

Would be a great birthday treat for me ...very timely! 
However unfortunately  I suffered from severe vertigo last time I was high up in the Albert Hall 2 years ago and had to leave half way through the performance in a sweaty mess 😱 so would have to have an affordable seat on much lower level. 
This vertigo seems to have become an unwanted feature of my older age 🙄 and is why finding the amphitheatre at ROH more difficult....I can just about cope with the first 6/7 rows if get an end seat so can hold on to the rail 😂 
Gone are the days when just had to get to the top of everything no qualms!! 

I’ve just booked it!! 
Paid more than I usually do for a ballet ticket but have got a good seat in the stalls (nice and low down) and it will be my special birthday treat!! 
Already feeling excited. 

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Johan Kobborg brings his Romeo and Juliet to RAH - now rescheduled to 1st December 2021
On 29/04/2021 at 17:32, LinMM said:

I’ve just booked it!! 
Paid more than I usually do for a ballet ticket but have got a good seat in the stalls (nice and low down) and it will be my special birthday treat!! 
Already feeling excited. 

I hope you do have a good seat in the stalls.  I avoid seats in the arena centre as they are not raked ... to be fair the RAH do describe them as restricted view.

Yes I did look at the centre but seats but they came up as restricted view so am more on the side ( right side) and these are a bit more expensive. Am on the end of a row too. 

On 01/05/2021 at 12:32, LinMM said:

It literally says  Stalls L row 7 seat 96!! 

Coincidence ... I’ve seats in row 7 in section L/M too.  Let’s hope it’s a good view.  See you there.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

SOLD OUT

All 5,272 seats in the RAH for this R&J are fully sold out.  

Standing tickets in the gallery have now been made available at £33.75.  It’s a good view from there, but you might like to use binos 😉

However, … there will be late returns from international ticket buyers who may not be able to travel due to UK or their own country’s quarantine rules.  Some are waiting on possible rule changes before deciding.  Let me know if you are interested in attending and I may be able to match you up.  £100-£250 (front row) 😉

I notice a few have been returned this week and resold.  

• Like 2

An IG post from Johan … I think it’s safe to say he’s getting excited about this show 😘.  Again he reiterates his thanks to Sergei Polunin for the vision and opportunity to create the premiere in Verona

A couple of months prior, there was no idea, no plans and no opportunity. These images are just a few hours from showtime. Take small steady steps if needed, but dream big, aim for the sky and always have crazy, near impossible, visions and ideas. Thank you @poluninink 🙏. 
Here @david_umemoto amazing set being assembled. I’m sure Royal Albert Hall will prove just as epic a ride for us as Verona did. #romeoandjuliet

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVoCYWVoCBJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

I shall regretfully be selling a ticket for this show at the Royal Albert Hall on December 1st and will put up on the ticket sale section of the Forum over the weekend. 
It’s a very expensive one but may be willing to sell for less than original price. 

I want to give people on the Forum a chance first before having to return to box office if necessary etc. 
Anyone reading this and may be interested can message me if they want before I put it out generally. 
Linda 

4 minutes ago, maryrosesatonapin said:

I'm so excited to be seeing this at last - after two postponements - as much to see Alina Cojocaru as Polunin.  And Kobborg's choreography, which I am confident I will enjoy.

🤞 I remember being so excited at this point 4-5 weeks before the original date of April 2020.  And we all know what happened.  I daren’t believe it’s actually happening this time, until probably a week or so to go. 

• Like 1

It will be very interesting to see how this big set looks on the Royal Albert Hall stage.  Will it crowd the dancers? 🤔 

A photo tweet from Johan in summer 2019, showing only one part of the set

Edited by FionaE
Clarification

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tebasile said:

Apologies for the boring question, but has anyone who booked pre-Covid received their tickets for this event yet? I don’t seem to have got any… thank you! 

Yes, Tebasile, mine was posted on 3 November.

Perhaps you didn't request for them to be posted? I've a feeling I had to pay extra for postage. (There isn't a cost breakdown, but I'm shocked to see that I paid £14.75 more than the cost of the ticket itself! That can't all have been postage).

Good luck- and enjoy the performance!

4 minutes ago, capybara said:

It seems as if audience members need to bring Covid passes, proof of vaccination or a lateral flow test result.

I bought my paper ticket at RAH box office in early 2020 and enquired last week on the phone if my ticket is valid, just to be sure. They confirmed that it is valid but didn't mention any Covid passes, proof of vaccination or test result. Where this information appeared?

You should have had an email yesterday telling you that there will be random spot checks you need either evidence of Covid vaccination or a lateral flow or PCR test from last 24 hours. Perhaps check your junk mail? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinMM said:

You should have had an email yesterday telling you that there will be random spot checks you need either evidence of Covid vaccination or a lateral flow or PCR test from last 24 hours. Perhaps check your junk mail? 

Thank you, LinMM. I haven't received an email, perhaps, because I didn't buy online but in person from the RAH box office. Luckily, I have my booster card.

• Like 1

Somewhere lost in a thread somewhere somebody put out a convenient link to an NHS website which enables you to apply for a letter from them proving you are double vaccinated. It takes about 10 mins to fill out ( You may need your NHS number). Once submitted it takes 4-5 days for the letter to be be sent to you and is valid indefinitely at the moment. It will no doubt need updating at the end of the Booster programme at some point. 
If you haven’t got this letter I would take evidence of all your vaccinations with you. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LinMM said:

Somewhere lost in a thread somewhere somebody put out a convenient link to an NHS website which enables you to apply for a letter from them proving you are double vaccinated. It takes about 10 mins to fill out ( You may need your NHS number). Once submitted it takes 4-5 days for the letter to be be sent to you and is valid indefinitely at the moment. It will no doubt need updating at the end of the Booster programme at some point. 
If you haven’t got this letter I would take evidence of all your vaccinations with you. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

What I've not been able to work out is if the letter is only valid for 30 days like the Covid pass.

• Like 1

No the vaccination letter is currently valid indefinitely ....tests are different of course. 
However the rules could change ....I imagine at some point you might have to add proof of booster etc etc but I haven’t been on the website recently