annamicro

Johan Kobborg brings his Romeo and Juliet to RAH 14APR2020

1 hour ago, penelopesimpson said:

I would like to think Kobborg could do choreography for RB.  We have had too many lacklustre efforts in recent years and he is a real and proven talent.

Hear, hear!

• Like 1

I can't believe that it won't.  I'm not at all convinced that the Proms will go ahead, and those aren't until July ...

• Like 2

Wigmore Hall today cancelled all performances to 31 July.

Naomi:  You are quite correct - mea maxima culpa.  I should have cottoned onto a delay of just weeks being unlikely.

• Like 1

Wonder why it's changed from an attractive design highlighting Cojocaru, Polunin and the RAH? Maybe the lead artists can't commit so far ahead? Though that wouldn't explain (justify) the crude dagger through the heart image.

On 31/03/2020 at 08:14, bridiem said:

Wonder why it's changed from an attractive design highlighting Cojocaru, Polunin and the RAH? Maybe the lead artists can't commit so far ahead? Though that wouldn't explain (justify) the crude dagger through the heart image.

The cast won’t be changing.  The new date will have been set to suit them all.  This version was specifically choreographed by Johan Kobborg for Alina Cojocaru and Sergei Polunin, and was commissioned and funded by Sergei’s company PoluninInk.

I rather like the new artwork.  

The photo of Sergei and Alina (by Morgan Norman) in the RAH poster was also used for the premiere in Verona in August 2019.

FYI, there are only around 500 of the original 5000 seats unsold.  I notice a few of the private boxes have been released for sale recently.