Tring Park 2020 Auditions

AdageKitty

23 minutes ago, Princess dreams said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping healthy and well.  Can anyone help with any rough dates of when any lucky DC that have multiple offers, may not accept a place and hand in back?  Just trying to have realistic plans and there must be dates of offer letters that DC have to accept by or they get reoffend to reserve lists? 
Thank you everyone for any feedback on previous experience or from anyone in the lucky position of multiple offers, that can shine a light into the deadline date for acceptance.... x

We are on the Hammond reserve list and they have told us all reserves will be notified after the 17th April  ..... it’s been an awful long wait for every one this year 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, KeenButClueless said:

Tring have already moved to the waiting list - my DD got an MDS offer from the waiting list today, year 7. Super excited (and a bit terrified!) 

Wow Congratulations to your DD 🥳 what a relief. I’m still trying to stay hopeful for a Yr 9 place 🤞

Staying hopeful that my DD will make it off the reserve list 🤞🩰 but also wondering if its still possible to accept the original offer of a place and try to negotiate a reduction in fees? Or is the original offer of a place without funding withdrawn if you go for the MDS audition? 

Does anyone have experience of this? 

Edited by DreamChaser

Our DD was lucky enough to receive an MDS along with other offers. After an excruciating week of making choices, we are handing back our Yr 7 MDS this morning.

Fingers crossed for your wait list lovelies 🙂 and best of luck to everyone else with their ballet journeys.xx

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DreamChaser said:

Staying hopeful that my DD will make it off the reserve list 🤞🩰 but also wondering if its still possible to accept the original offer of a place and try to negotiate a reduction in fees? Or is the original offer of a place without funding withdrawn if you go for the MDS audition? 

Does anyone have experience of this? 

Hi DreamChaser, we do have experience of this. When my DD did not make it off the reserve list for Year 8 MDS last year, we would have been able to take up the paid school place originally offered (no reduction in fees possible). The main problem (apart from finances!) was there were no boarding places available, as I gather all beds had already been offered to those who accepted paid places from the prelim auditions (not invited to MDS recall) and beds would also have been secured for the very small number of MDS places. My DD was so keen to go, we looked at all possible ways to get her there, including host families and bursaries - which the school made clear were purely private arrangements and not something they could help with. Throughout all these conversations, we were never able to find out where my dd was on the waiting list. In the end, we decided that the financial commitment was far too much for us (even though a host family arrangement would have cost less than full boarding) and we were not willing to take a risk on a host family not known personally to us being suitable for a girl of my dd's age. Good luck with your journey, and fingers crossed that there is still movement and your dd comes off the waiting list. Feel free to pm me if you would like any more detail. 

Hold out hope all..... My daugther was on wait list for MDS last year and she now attends Tring on MDS. We had a ohone call offerering her the MDS place and were given less than 24 hours to accept or decline, so just be prepared if you do get a call. 

I also know of a MDS at Tring being handed back..... Keep the hope there will be losts of movement. X

On 28/03/2020 at 08:45, TwoDancers said:

There is a post on the Hammond thread that there were only 3 MDS awarded at Tring ..

That was indeed the case the year my dd was offered a place there. She didn't get one. It was some years ago now.

Tring has a set number of MDS places. Each year, the number of places freed up to be offered to new intake is based on the number of students who had one and leave. So each year will be different.

3 minutes ago, taxi4ballet said:

That was indeed the case the year my dd was offered a place there. She didn't get one. It was some years ago now.

Tring has a set number of MDS places. Each year, the number of places freed up to be offered to new intake is based on the number of students who had one and leave. So each year will be different.

And of course it depend on mds given to the performing arts students too.

1 hour ago, K155srv said:

Hold out hope all..... My daugther was on wait list for MDS last year and she now attends Tring on MDS. We had a ohone call offerering her the MDS place and were given less than 24 hours to accept or decline, so just be prepared if you do get a call. 

I also know of a MDS at Tring being handed back..... Keep the hope there will be losts of movement. X

Thank you for this, always great to hear of a happy outcome 😊

I guess my concern is that these places will go to Yr7 students whereas we’re hoping for a Yr 9 place.  Did you ever ask or were you ever told where your daughter was on the waiting list before being offered the place?

9 minutes ago, DreamChaser said:

Thank you for this, always great to hear of a happy outcome 😊

I guess my concern is that these places will go to Yr7 students whereas we’re hoping for a Yr 9 place.  Did you ever ask or were you ever told where your daughter was on the waiting list before being offered the place?

No... Never told where she was on list and i dont think they will share that info either. Honestly, i was suprised she was so high up as she didnt do the associate classes at tring and others did. 

2 hours ago, DreamChaser said:

get

That’s so good to read. We can only hope that there will be lots of movement. I’m hoping for a year nine place too. Do they tend to offer like for like? i.e if it was a year seven place offered, will they move to another year seven? 

4 hours ago, K155srv said:

10 hours ago, Dancemum2020 said:

That’s so good to read. We can only hope that there will be lots of movement. I’m hoping for a year nine place too. Do they tend to offer like for like? i.e if it was a year seven place offered, will they move to another year seven? 

I think that is the case, they have anallocated number for each year group that they fill with MDS. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve read lots of chatter on the Hammond thread but all quiet on Tring.  For those of us on the MDS reserve list do we just wait?  I emailed the school before Easter break to try to get an idea of where we are on the list but sadly no reply.  Has anyone had any feedback? 

15 minutes ago, DreamChaser said:

I’ve read lots of chatter on the Hammond thread but all quiet on Tring.  For those of us on the MDS reserve list do we just wait?  I emailed the school before Easter break to try to get an idea of where we are on the list but sadly no reply.  Has anyone had any feedback? 

I had a reply to my email (had to re-send it a few times). All MDS have now been accepted but reserve list remains open until end of the academic year.  They won’t tell you where on the list you are though.

54 minutes ago, Princess dreams said:

Or was it MDS places all accepted throughout the school...

My enquiry was about lower school so it could well just be referring to Years 7-11 but the email said “All the MDS places have been accepted now but the reserve list will remain open until the end of the summer term (July 2020) in case the situation changes.”

4 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

I had a reply to my email (had to re-send it a few times). All MDS have now been accepted but reserve list remains open until end of the academic year.  They won’t tell you where on the list you are though.

Thank you for the update TwoDancers a real shame that they don’t just send out a generic email to all those on the reserve list.  The info on the Tring website clearly says that they’re able to advise top, middle, bottom of reserve list but perhaps this is for those lucky dancers looking at multiple offers?  For us it would be helpful in terms of deciding whether to put ourselves through audition next year.  Playing the lottery tonight 😂

On 25/04/2020 at 09:59, TwoDancers said:

From reading their funding policies in the past I thought that MDS was only offered to lower school although some current pupils were able to take this into 6th Form. An MDS for 6th Form would surely be financially better than a DaDA.  Is this a revision of the policy?  They also gave a top, middle or bottom ranking although in reality I don't support many will get waitlist places and DC need to make other plans.