Tring Park 2020 Auditions

AdageKitty

Hi All

Has anybody with an MDS audition for Tring in march been sent any paperwork to complete or anything else?  I replied to say we would attend and have since only received an email about the scheme. Should I have had more? Worried I have missed something.
Thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Madtil said:

Hi,

We received the timings and details in the original offer letter along with the financial forms that need to be returned 5 days before the audition.

Hope that helps x 

Oh goodness I had better find that original letter then! Thank you SO much x

As far as I can see; if you've been invited for the MDS audition, all you had to do was return the form on the letter to confirm you can attend and to leave the other registration forms for the moment. My letter says that registration forms will be re-sent if a funded offer is made.

We didn’t receive any finance forms.

Edited by TwoDancers
Typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

As far as I can see; if you've been invited for the MDS audition, all you had to do was return the form on the letter to confirm you can attend and to leave the other registration forms for the moment. My letter says that registration forms will be re-sent if a funded offer is made.

We didn’t receive any finance forms.

Ah so maybe I’m ok then and I just have to show up to the audition.  Was it 8:30 or 9? Goodness I’m useless. Ive searched the house but not found that original letter yet. 
Yes it’s for yr 7 entry. 
Thanks everyone for your help x

13 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

Ours is for 1030am but that’s for Year 8 entry!

Thanks for answering me - Oh dang - i shall have to phone the school and admit to loosing it all 😳

Edited by Flower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sally-Anne said:

My DD auditioned this past Friday (28/2) - is there just 1 MDS audition date? Wondering how quickly they will get back to us. And it is by mail, or email? Thanks x

Ours was a letter. They said two weeks and it was, but yours might be quicker as I think for some groups it was more like a week. Was it dance? What year for?

hope that helps. 

47 minutes ago, Flower said:

Ours was a letter. They said two weeks and it was, but yours might be quicker as I think for some groups it was more like a week. Was it dance? What year for?

hope that helps. 

Yes for dance, year 7. Thanks - will look out for a letter then . Rather that than constant email refreshing!

28 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

Hi Sally - Anne

My pupil auditioned on Friday , same as your DD.

She loved it , and the school .

What year is your DD going for ?

My DD loved the school and the whole day. She’s got her heart set on it now. She’s going for year 7. She’s got a really nice secondary school place though, and personally I’d rather she didn’t go to tring! But I had to let her try, otherwise it will be my fault forever  😂

Thanks. I emailed yesterday to fess up and ask them to email or send me anything I needed, but they’ve not replied yet.  I guess all I *really-* need is to know what time they have to be there and what they need to take.  Thanks for that. I hope I hear soon x

I don't suppose that anyone has found any links to local host families?  just checking in case my Daughter gets a DaDA award and the boarding places do not become available?,  but preparing for plan B as well?   

Hi, I enquired about host families for my DD going into yr 10 and was advised that there were no families that would host someone of her age. If you are looking for 6th form it may be different. I contacted Nicky Milne at the school.

Hope that helps x 

On 06/03/2020 at 16:17, Madtil said:

Hi, I enquired about host families for my DD going into yr 10 and was advised that there were no families that would host someone of her age. If you are looking for 6th form it may be different. I contacted Nicky Milne at the school.

Hope that helps x 

Thank you,  not found anything yet for 6th form,  but not worrying till it is actually a problem ;-)

9 hours ago, shygirlsmum said:

Does anyone know how many are invited to finals for 6th form?

Not sure,  but from what i hear they will over subscribe the entry (as in say they take 25 they will offer 35, possibly more) and expect the extra to decline for the place,  and then they again over subscribe for the DaDA auditions,  where they will only offer a few (don't know how many) awards but I would think 10 or less,  and the ones that don't get awards they can take a place still if they can afford it.....I expect most don't (certainly will be in our case, no award, cannot go).....pretty tough this Dance business eh!   ( I am basing this on 6th form entry of what I have heard)

Edited by Ash DD
addition

I was assuming that there will be the cohort of lower school students progressing to upper school (I don’t think they need to audition with the rest) so I guess very few places.  I wondered if they invite lots to finals.

Dd will not be going anywhere without funding, in all honesty I’m not sure we can afford it even with dada 😢 but I will cross that bridge if it comes to it.

Good luck to your DC.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shygirlsmum said:

I was assuming that there will be the cohort of lower school students progressing to upper school (I don’t think they need to audition with the rest) so I guess very few places.  I wondered if they invite lots to finals.

Dd will not be going anywhere without funding, in all honesty I’m not sure we can afford it even with dada 😢 but I will cross that bridge if it comes to it.

Good luck to your DC.

From what they said realistically there will be 8-12 newbies, the rest from lower school, just depends on how many decide not to go to 6th form, how many get a place at Elmhurst or the Royal, how many decide to do something different, and how many are not deemed good enough to go into 6th form.   So I suspect they give places to perhaps 20 newbies,  then of them most will be offered a DaDA audition........and a few will get them.   then like you, not sure if we can go for it if we get an award,  but crossing that bridge if we get to it....

Good luck with your DC too :-)

9 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

Does anyone know how many MDS are available for lower school?  And what is the split between entry at Year 7 and later years?

That’s the million dollar question!  It would be great to have a realistic guide if only to manage expectations of gaining a non Yr7 place.

• Like 1