Tring Park 2020 Auditions

AdageKitty

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Princess dreams said:

Has anyone contacted Tring? Don’t want to inundate them with calls, just wondering whether upper school funding audition on this Friday? 

I asked about when we would hear and the nice - but very unsure - lady helping with reception said that they had more auditions on Friday so it would be a few days after that. She seemed confident that Friday was happening- but then nothing is certain these days .....

15 minutes ago, DreamChaser said:

Received our result today.  Reserve list for a MDS place, trying to stay positive but finding it exhausting!

Well done for getting on the mds wait list. Was this for lower school or upper school?

1 hour ago, tutugirl said:

There are so few MDS available aren’t there ?

Well done for even getting on the waiting list .

Hoping you get better news from Elmhurst , Dream Chaser .

Surely these results must be out soon !

The waiting ☹️

Thank you 😊

1 hour ago, AdageKitty said:

We just got our letter, also on the waiting list for MDS. 

Wonder if we can find out how far down the list we are?

Congratulations!  I’ve already emailed to see if they’re able to give an indication; top, middle or bottom 😂  I realise that there will be lots of movement as dancers receive offers from elsewhere but if we’re middle/bottom of the list then I guess we need to move on and decide how best to use the next year.  My husband thinks the reserve list is worse than an outright no.... I’m starting to agree 😕

Also do they put everyone on the reserve list? 

Morning everyone, well done to all the reserve list places.

Ours came today, reserve list for MDS upper school. 
DD happy, but anxious wait now to see if she gets an award.

Does anyone know of any places becoming available in previous years? Or an approximate amount that are in the same position?

x

• Like 1

Well done to everyone with positive results so far.
Well our letter came today and we are delighted that my daughter received funding for upper school. A huge relief. Lots more results to arrive yet but it is fantastic to know that she has a place for September.

• Like 3

Going back a few years now & for year 7 entry (so this may not be current policy) I was told by the then Director of Dance that all at finals who didn’t get offer of funding were on a numbered reserve list for funding & - at that time - it was shared with us in request that we were not particularly high so best advice was to be looking at plans B/C.....

I couldn’t say if you can get that info nowadays...

Remember though that not that many per year group are even invited to finals across each year group so DC’s have already achieved much to be proud of!

Also remember that it is often the same faces at finals for all the MDS lower schools & for the Ballet focussed Upper Schools. And the best of the best may well receive multiple offers of funded places from these schools but will only ever accept a place at ONE of them so that may free up a funded place at one or more school for another candidates on these schools reserve lists....

So well done to those with a yes to funded place & good luck deciding whether to accept it or another  offer....& well done also to those on reserve list & GOOD LUCK! 

I really hope all the offers enable as many DC’s as possible to go to their first choice School....but also remember that another option still may offer exactly the right fit for their immediate future training at this time! 

Good luck with all the decisions & let’s hope that we can all look optimistically to Ballet life getting back to normal as soon as possible for our DC’s xx

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonnie2011 said:

Well done to everyone with positive results so far.
Well our letter came today and we are delighted that my daughter received funding for upper school. A huge relief. Lots more results to arrive yet but it is fantastic to know that she has a place for September.

Huge congratulations to your daughter - wonderful 🎉🩰

15 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Going back a few years now & for year 7 entry (so this may not be current policy) I was told by the then Director of Dance that all at finals who didn’t get offer of funding were on a numbered reserve list for funding & - at that time - it was shared with us in request that we were not particularly high so best advice was to be looking at plans B/C.....

I couldn’t say if you can get that info nowadays...

Remember though that not that many per year group are even invited to finals across each year group so DC’s have already achieved much to be proud of!

Also remember that it is often the same faces at finals for all the MDS lower schools & for the Ballet focussed Upper Schools. And the best of the best may well receive multiple offers of funded places from these schools but will only ever accept a place at ONE of them so that may free up a funded place at one or more school for another candidates on these schools reserve lists....

So well done to those with a yes to funded place & good luck deciding whether to accept it or another  offer....& well done also to those on reserve list & GOOD LUCK! 

I really hope all the offers enable as many DC’s as possible to go to their first choice School....but also remember that another option still may offer exactly the right fit for their immediate future training at this time! 

Good luck with all the decisions & let’s hope that we can all look optimistically to Ballet life getting back to normal as soon as possible for our DC’s xx

Thank you for this Peanut68.  I’m hoping to get a response from Tring about my daughter’s place on the waiting list 🤞 

Dreamchaser will you let us know if they can tell us whereabouts we are on the list please? No point in us all contacting them if they won’t give any indication.  Thanks x

Edited by Flower

The whole Funding process should be more clear and consistent between the schools, written in black n white especially when it’s government money!!   I took my DC Y7 at a local secondary school to appeal and they had to detail everything in advance in accordance to government rule, they were even quizzed by a local parish councillor why they had not included a government building pot of funds for building a new block to make space for more pupils and this was only last year...... i myself have asked for clarification as to which way to go forward for sept with another school and got told they want my DC but can’t discuss anything due to Gdpr   

Edited by WrapsnBows
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dancemum2020 said:

Hello, did you get a response on where you are on the waiting list? We are too and just wondering if they would tell us! 

No response but still hopeful I’ll hear back even if it’s a sorry we’re not able to discuss. 

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping healthy and well.  Can anyone help with any rough dates of when any lucky DC that have multiple offers, may not accept a place and hand in back?  Just trying to have realistic plans and there must be dates of offer letters that DC have to accept by or they get reoffend to reserve lists? 
Thank you everyone for any feedback on previous experience or from anyone in the lucky position of multiple offers, that can shine a light into the deadline date for acceptance.... x