• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Flower and welcome to the Forum!

Hi Thanks Jan.Β 
We are trying for yr 7 places at Elmhurst Tring and Hammond. Decided not to waste my money trying for Royal, but now realise it means I have missed the associate places. Thought they were spring like last year - bad mother 😞

This fed brought back memories..."yes" envelopes are A4 and thick with lot's of materials in it. The envelope according to my spreadsheet arrived 3rd week after auditioning. It was yes for my DD then, but could not afford to take it up 😞 

Good luck all, very stressful period waiting for post men.Β 

• Like 2

We got our results this morning for a Y9 place... place offered but on waiting list for boarding. Β Also invited to the MDS audition inΒ March 😊. A longΒ way to go yet and if my DD isn’t offered an MDS place then the boarding issue is irrelevant. Β Good luck everyone πŸ€

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DreamChaser said:

We got our results this morning for a Y9 place... place offered but on waiting list for boarding. Β Also invited to the MDS audition inΒ March 😊. A longΒ way to go yet and if my DD isn’t offered an MDS place then the boarding issue is irrelevant. Β Good luck everyone πŸ€

Well done DreamChaser. Same for us. Offered a day place for year 7 but need the full funding so back in March. X

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sally-Anne said:

Am I the only one with an audition on February 28th? Seems odd to have one so late when places have already been given out

Β 

There is a further audition for Dance in March so this is not the last date.Β  If the are holding auditions they would, I assume, make offers, of places and funding auditions, but from reading the above posts it looks like bed spaces is an issue.Β  Has anyone been offered a boardingΒ place?Β  I assume the new Year 7 intake would have been made offers.Β  Or perhaps they are waiting until after the finals for funding.

Everybody is offered a day place and wait list for boarding. Then once they know how many beds they have they know how many beds they can offer. All MDS offers are with beds if needed. It always seems to work out that anybody who needs a bed gets one. Even if there is a bit of a wait for it initially.Β 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 09:30, Ballet all day said:

We have a yes for Year 9 day place, funding audition and wait list for boarding. I would love to know if anyone travels from our area on a daily basis and lift share could be an option?! Well done everyone x

Β 

Hello Ballet all day, Congratulations!Β Β what area would you be travelling from? XΒ