Jump to content

Northern Ballet Associates (Leeds) Audition


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Damedolly said:

Oh competitive stretching 🙈 😂 we will be more nervous than the children I’m sure!  

Ah yes....all those stretches that Miss Cara and Miss Hatton tell their students to do at the end of the class when their body is warm enough, so they don't injure themselves!!! My dd has now go to the point of sitting quietly doing a bit f point n flex etc and listening to her music. Good luck!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Ah yes....all those stretches that Miss Cara and Miss Hatton tell their students to do at the end of the class when their body is warm enough, so they don't injure themselves!!! My dd has now go to the point of sitting quietly doing a bit f point n flex etc and listening to her music. Good luck!!!!

It drives me mad seeing all these girls doing the splits before they’ve even moved! DD will most likely do a few nervous hops from foot to foot and then ask to wait in the foyer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

It drives me mad seeing all these girls doing the splits before they’ve even moved! DD will most likely do a few nervous hops from foot to foot and then ask to wait in the foyer. 

When we were there, there’s a warm up space available, plus the audition room was open well before the audition but exactly as you say, we just waited in the foyer not stretching! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

Oh I’m sorry to hear that ☹️

 

Thanks. She's OK but I assume it'll also be a no for the spring pop up too (although she is at the younger end of the age for that anyway)

Just wish there was feedback rather than a straight no. I have a feeling its as much to do with her confidence than anything else as she is quite shy and possibly doesn't perform to her full potential in auditions, maybe looks nervous. 

Good experience/practice if nothing else though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Creakingstool said:

 

Thanks. She's OK but I assume it'll also be a no for the spring pop up too (although she is at the younger end of the age for that anyway)

Just wish there was feedback rather than a straight no. I have a feeling its as much to do with her confidence than anything else as she is quite shy and possibly doesn't perform to her full potential in auditions, maybe looks nervous. 

Good experience/practice if nothing else though.

We always try to go to auditions thinking of them as practice or an extra class. It’s not always that easy though and it can be a nervous experience for the younger ones especially. 
 

I don’t know how they can choose between all those who audition. It’s frustrating not to get feedback, perhaps the dance teacher might get some if they called? 
 

As for the spring pop up, I would just wait and see. They might be looking for something different and there might be fewer applicants. I’m sure I’d heard that they’d extended the deadline which suggests there might not be a large pool of applicants? 
 

Above all, it’s simply a ‘not yet’ rather than a totally rejecting ‘no’. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your dance teacher can ask for feedback.

 

Ours asked when DD didn't get a place... for DD it was because her core wasn't strong enough,  even though they recognised it was a known 'fault' of her age group as they have rapid growth spurts! 

 

It was fine for us,  as DD wasn't going to attend even if she got a place as it just didn't work for us. DD dances with Renaissance Arts Scholars which is every other Sunday afternoon, also at NB and is much more 'her'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HowMuch! said:

She’s holding on to the hope of a yes for CAT or a place coming up on associates. Fingers crossed. 

My DD was an associates reserve and was given a place. They told us towards end of June after the deadline for accepting places. I know it's a long wait... But well done to your DD for getting on the list. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

Quite a few of the reserves get places, so fingers crossed. It was quite a wait for one of them though. Well into summer. 

That’s good to know. She’s taken it as a no so a place will be a nice surprise if one comes up. X

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. Just found this last night.

My daughter has been offered a place on the JA and is on the Reserve list for the CAT. She was delighted with the results but is obviously keen to gain a place on CAT, especially as her best friend has been offered a place on CAT (they do all their ballet things together and we would have been sharing lifts between us but can’t if they are on different courses so might make them less accessible).

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with being on the reserve for CAT - you’d naturally assume that all who are offered a place typically take the place but is that necessarily true?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ballet_momma said:

Hi everyone. Just found this last night.

My daughter has been offered a place on the JA and is on the Reserve list for the CAT. She was delighted with the results but is obviously keen to gain a place on CAT, especially as her best friend has been offered a place on CAT (they do all their ballet things together and we would have been sharing lifts between us but can’t if they are on different courses so might make them less accessible).

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with being on the reserve for CAT - you’d naturally assume that all who are offered a place typically take the place but is that necessarily true?

 

Thanks.

I would say not all take the places, some have offers from elsewhere so it’s weighing up options like the commitment needed,  also some have finals for other places so may drop out of CAT to take other places up. I would always say don’t give up hope! Some may also have had offers from associates and CAT and will maybe pick associates as it’s not as big a commitment . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Creakingstool said:

Lovely to read all your updates. Good luck to those on reserves xx

Thank you! We are hopeful of hearing something in the next few months. I’m hoping that being reserve in both will mean something will open up! 🤞🤞🤞If not she’s going to be putting her energy into G4, pre-pointe and perhaps join Phoenix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...