POLL: Reviving ENB repertoire

Out of the works currently being shown excerpted at the Coliseum for ENB's 70th anniversary gala, which ones would you most like to see revived?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the works currently being shown excerpted at the Coliseum for ENB's 70th anniversary gala, which ones would you like to see revived?

• The Three-Cornered Hat
    • Dust*
    • Swansong
    • Apollo
    • Romeo and Juliet (Nureyev)*
    • Giselle (Khan)*
    • Broken Wings*
    • Who Cares?
    • La Sylphide
    • Sleeping Beauty (MacMillan)*
    • Three Preludes
    • Carmen (Petit)
    • Coppelia (Hynd)*
    • Strictly Gershwin
    • Playlist (Track 1, 2)

3 hours ago, Sharon said:

My most enduring memory from LFB's rep in the 80's was L'Arlessienne with Mireille Bourgeois & Peter Schaufuss. Brilliant, moving performances from all but these two in particular. So I would love to see this ballet a lot more.

And I can never get enough of Etudes - especially when I was fortunate to see so many performances led by Patricia Ruanne/ Trinidad Sevillano and P.Dupond, P.Armand, Maurizio Bellezza, Matz Skoog. Unforgettable!

I also enjoyed Carmen - absolutely loving it when danced by Dominique Khalfouni & Denys Ganio - who were so much better (right?) than Alessandra Ferri & P. Schaufuss.

God the brilliant guests that would turn up with LFB in Liverpool.....

I'd love to see Graduation Ball again which I last saw live in 1980 🥴

I saw Petrouchka & Scheherazade live for the first time with this company and I was memorised by the drama, the music and the colours. I really wish these wonderful -& important, ballet's were performed and toured on a regular basis.

I love this post. 

Had a think and am not including anything from fairly recent Rep but there are two prongs really 

Firstly from what I saw on Saturday : Three Preludes, Playlist, Swansong and Etudes ...though the latter would also be part of second prong ....of bállets seen quite a long time ago now : Petrouchka, Scheherezade, Polovtsian Dances, Napoli and Prodigal Son as previously mentioned but my absolute favourite apart from the latter would be Songs of a Wayfarer. While there is so much male talent around would be great to see Wayfarer sooner rather than later! 

Certainly current bállets  I would hope would be kept in the Rep and revived fairly regularly are Broken Wings, Le Jeune Homme et La Mort,  Dust, and Le Corsaire of course ...as well as the main classics. 

• Like 2