I’ve just come on here and found some of my posts about ds have been tagged. He did a humanities degree but lots of student dance at Warwick University. He’s now on the Graduate diploma course at Trinity Laban (self funded but with a partial award) and is going to try auditioning for the Masters course, which involves touring with the student company, which should be eligible for a postgraduate student loan, we believe. One of his tutors at the college followed the same route. Hope that’s helpful as an update for his pathway via a “non dance” academic degree. A fellow student and friend from Warwick now teaches occasional classes at Pineapple studios, amongst other things, although she had considerably more training pre university than ds. 

• Like 7
  • 2 months later...

Because of information I’d read on the forum regarding Student Finance not being available if you have had a DaDA or have a Trinity Level 6 I have been anxiously waiting to see what would happen when Dd applied for finance. Within a week of applying she had her student finance confirmed for her course (hopefully) starting this autumn.  

Dd was in the second year group that were in the new means tested DaDA so I don’t know if the rules have changed with the new scheme. 

Anyway big sigh of relief

• Like 4

Our Dd was looking at going to university following completion of her DaDa funded vocational 6th form and Trinity Diploma Level 6. We were assured that because she had not carried on with the diploma, converting it into a degree via distance learning, she would be eligible for a university tuition fee loan. Well done to your Dd Jane. 

• Like 3

Please could anyone explain what this means from our Dada application 2020/21?

Does it mean you can't have a Dada and a student loan at the SAME TIME? 

So, therefore it would make sense that students can get the student loan after the Dada?

I have youngest DD on MDS and about to have oldest DD on Dada (yes, people do feel sorry for me😂)   I am so interested in what happens if they change their minds!

"If you hold a DaDA, you cannot apply for a Higher Education (HE) student loan. Students who 
may also be enrolled on a HE degree programme alongside the TCL diploma course are not 
permitted to access HE student support as well as being in receipt of Dada funding."

1 hour ago, daughtersdance said:

Please could anyone explain what this means from our Dada application 2020/21?

Does it mean you can't have a Dada and a student loan at the SAME TIME? 

So, therefore it would make sense that students can get the student loan after the Dada?

I have youngest DD on MDS and about to have oldest DD on Dada (yes, people do feel sorry for me😂)   I am so interested in what happens if they change their minds!

"If you hold a DaDA, you cannot apply for a Higher Education (HE) student loan. Students who 
may also be enrolled on a HE degree programme alongside the TCL diploma course are not 
permitted to access HE student support as well as being in receipt of Dada funding."

We understood that to mean at institutes that offered different level courses eg Laines offer a degree or Trinity diploma,  you couldn’t apply for funding for both courses. 

On 18/04/2020 at 22:45, Jane said:

We understood that to mean at institutes that offered different level courses eg Laines offer a degree or Trinity diploma,  you couldn’t apply for funding for both courses. 

Ok thanks.