Advice needed - future choices

glissade

Please could anyone explain what this means from our Dada application 2020/21?

Does it mean you can't have a Dada and a student loan at the SAME TIME? 

So, therefore it would make sense that students can get the student loan after the Dada?

I have youngest DD on MDS and about to have oldest DD on Dada (yes, people do feel sorry for me😂)   I am so interested in what happens if they change their minds!

"If you hold a DaDA, you cannot apply for a Higher Education (HE) student loan. Students who 
may also be enrolled on a HE degree programme alongside the TCL diploma course are not 
permitted to access HE student support as well as being in receipt of Dada funding."

1 hour ago, daughtersdance said:

Please could anyone explain what this means from our Dada application 2020/21?

Does it mean you can't have a Dada and a student loan at the SAME TIME? 

So, therefore it would make sense that students can get the student loan after the Dada?

I have youngest DD on MDS and about to have oldest DD on Dada (yes, people do feel sorry for me😂)   I am so interested in what happens if they change their minds!

"If you hold a DaDA, you cannot apply for a Higher Education (HE) student loan. Students who 
may also be enrolled on a HE degree programme alongside the TCL diploma course are not 
permitted to access HE student support as well as being in receipt of Dada funding."

We understood that to mean at institutes that offered different level courses eg Laines offer a degree or Trinity diploma,  you couldn’t apply for funding for both courses.