Birmingham Royal Ballet - Casting - Swan Lake - Spring 2020

35 minutes ago, Tony Newcombe said:

The cast I am looking forward to seeing is Mizutani and Monaghan. Miki missed the last run because of injury.

Many of us BRB watchers think she is the next Japanese BRB dancer to join that wonderful list of Yoshida, Sakuma and Hirata

Me too!

2 hours ago, LinMM said:

Thanks Janet as I hope to be making the Saturday matinee in Southampton on the 1st Feb. I've not seen either of the two dancers Hirata and Morales in the main roles for that date. 

I hope you can make it ... they are fabulous together in Swan Lake (well anything really).  They are now the senior members of Birmingham Royal Ballet and we should cherish every opportunity to see them.

• Like 2

Have just booked my ticket for this!!

There was me thinking I would just leave it until the day next Saturday and then wander up to the theatre to buy a ticket as probably the matinee won't be that busy ....well good job I had a quick look at the Mayflower website just now as its looking very nearly sold out just a few seats on each level left and still over a week to go! So thought I'd better book it now.

For anyone for whom the Mayflower is their local theatre etc then check out the site as it looks as if this is selling well at the weekend at least which is great for BRB 

• Like 2

I have the luxury of car travel this time around as my partner is on a wood working course so we’re there for a couple of days. Last time when I went by train from Brighton it was all a bit fiddly! It’s never that easy travelling east-west on the train down here! 
Im still toying with the idea of doing a quick visit over to Isle of Wight on the Sunday but maybe a bit cold for that and  will double check no activities at the theatre that day as well! 

Lin - I booked on Saturday for the 01 Feb matinee and there wasn’t a great deal of choice re seats unfortunately. However, I am looking forward to seeing this production very much. It seems to have sold well for the company which is good. 

Can anyone remember how many intervals this production has had in the past? I had in mind it was only the one (for some reason), but the running time is given as 2h 50 on the website, which seems a little long if there aren’t two. (Not complaining, just planning.)

Thanks for the update on timings- helpful to know. I am looking forward to my first live performance of 2020. Hope to see you there Lin.

if others are attending the earlier performances I will be interested to read about them

Well would you believe it have had a sort of ‘welcome’ email from the Mayflower and it says the performance has only one interval! I’m sure that’s a mistake though 🤔 Somebody there hasn’t realised how long Swan Lake is! 

Oh dear does that disrupt your plans Shade? I hope you can still make it! Sometimes it’s weighing up the journey time against the performance time ... the winter always seem to throw up problems on the railways even if no striking or engineering works taking place 😢

• Like 1

On the email it did say to leave plenty of time because Junction 3/4 on the M. 27 will be closed from 31st to Feb 3rd 

on re reading this not sure what they mean!!! 
The section of motorway between Junction 3 and 4? Or does it mean both the junctions 3 and 4 off the motorway closed ... will investigate 😳

Hmm looks like getting to Southampton is not going to be the easiest thing to do this weekend one way or the other! 
From 10pm on Friday 31st  Jan till 5 am on Monday Feb 3rd the M. 27 will be closed between junction 3 and 4 ( junction 4 is the  M.3 Junction with M. 27) 

If you are travelling westwards there  is a massive diversion via Salisbury in place!! Right to Junction 2 

Am not sure of the diversion travelling eastwards but there is some variation. This is something to do with replacing the Romsey Bridge so Local’s to the area may know more about this. 
Travelling from Brighton or Portsmouth I was wondering whether getting on to the old A. 27 and staying lower down might be a good idea. 
Hopefully we will miss this as can get to Southampton tomorrow before the closure(though at our usual rate of ‘getting up  and getting going’ we WILL end up in the Salisbury area just before midnight) 

We are staying until Monday afternoon with a little excursion and stay over in the  New Forest so hopefully will miss this on the way back......though not sure of the route out to the New Forest yet ...could always ferry it via Isle of Wight I suppose 🤔

58 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Am safely in the Premier Inn in Southampton working out how to walk to the Mayflower tomorrow.

I will PM you tomorrow morning Shade. 

Not too far away. Have just see tonight’s performance. You should be in for a treat

Edited by Tony Newcombe
Typo
  • Like 2