Balletmumlife

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, tutugirl said:

Good morning !

I would be very grateful for any information regarding WL finals , please .

Are the children provided with lunch ? 

Can anyone suggest a nearby hotel ? ( without having to sell a kidney ! )

Any info / insight would be gratefully received .

My last finalist was a few years ago !

Thank you 

No information to give you I am afraid just saying hi and that we are looking at the premiere inn as well probably Richmond because it has parking

We always used Richmond Hill hotel for finals and nights before intensives etc. Lots of other dancers there too, car park and good sized rooms and great breakfast.  Quiet at night and a nice easy journey into white lodge in the morning x 

Also a pleasant area to walk around and some good pubs/restaurants close by, although hotel food was great, but a bit pricey.  

Lots also used premier inn and said was great too and full of dancers so presume gets booked up quickly. 

Edited by Balletmum55
Typo and extra info

Hi all and thanks for the feedback.

Yes, White Lodge was definitely ticked (MA was left unticked).

I had assumed, what with the results seeming to come out in dribs and drabs, that the clear yes and clear no candidates were getting responses first, whilst the audition team decided on those in the middle.

I think I'll follow your lead DreamChaser. Who did you speak to? Do you have a number or email address?

Thanks again for all.the feedback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ballet Dad said:

I had assumed, what with the results seeming to come out in dribs and drabs, that the clear yes and clear no candidates were getting responses first, whilst the audition team decided on those in the middle.

I think I'll follow your lead DreamChaser. Who did you speak to? Do you have a number or email address?

auditions@royalballetschool.org.uk

8 hours ago, Ballet Dad said:

Definitely contact them as for WL at this stage it is either a yes for finals or a no thanks not yet.  For MAs it will be either yes, wait list or not yet. Hope you can get this resolved soon - the waiting is always bad enough.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Have the WL finals all finished? I have some friends whose DDs are in the finals but don't want to constantly ask for updates! 

Year 7 girls and Upper School are still to happen.  I think all WL are to be sent out around the same time in around two weeks as @Bluebird22 has posted but I may have misunderstood.  US results towards the end of the month and then MAs and SA into the Easter break around the time of the Spring Intensive. 

2 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

Year 7 girls and Upper School are still to happen.  I think all WL are to be sent out around the same time in around two weeks as @Bluebird22 has posted but I may have misunderstood.  US results towards the end of the month and then MAs and SA into the Easter break around the time of the Spring Intensive. 

Sorry I am most likely incorrect with the MA dates. 

Well done to all who are hearing good news and well done to those who are getting their not at the moments ☺️

My daughter has finals Thursday and Friday I'm just checking apart from the medical form, uniform, lunch and books etc there is nothing else I am forgetting 😬???

• Like 3

Congratulations to all who have offers so far. Best of luck to girls tomorrow and friday. Our DD nervous and excited...  and we’re not unaffected by it either... as ballet newbies, we see now what others mean that it takes over everything ( in a good way)

18 hours ago, Newbiedancemum said:

Well done to all who are hearing good news and well done to those who are getting their not at the moments ☺️

My daughter has finals Thursday and Friday I'm just checking apart from the medical form, uniform, lunch and books etc there is nothing else I am forgetting 😬???

we always took a spare leotard and tights... just in case and plenty snacks.