Royal Ballet School Auditions 2020

Balletmumlife

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/02/2020 at 10:16, Charliesmum said:

Thank goodness! I feel like this month all I have done is pay ballet bills!!! Do you know if only have 1 day because of numbers or is it a more complicated reason? X

There are more girls than boys invited to the finals, and the selection process (hearsay) is very very different for girls.

I have a boy, and we know lots of girls through to WL finals, it was different to the boys finals.

I hear you all shouting ‘of course they are different’ but i have been told both by parents and teachers the girl selection process is quite brutal in they really do know what they want.

Again this is what I have been told, not what I know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Motomum said:

I hear you all shouting ‘of course they are different’ but i have been told both by parents and teachers the girl selection process is quite brutal in they really do know what they want.

What do they want?  Is this in terms of a certain aesthetic/physique/facility?  So a lot of cuts happen before candidates get to really show their dancing chops?

You know at the Med schools where I work, we used to only interview applicants with the very highest marks.  Then, more than a decade ago,  we realised that a large part of the job required exceptional people skills!! The cut-off mark required to get an interview was reduced (still very high) and we introduced competency-based interviewing to make selections based on demonstration of the skills needed on-the-job (problem-solving,  stress-management, empathy, ethics...). 

Some people don't have the best ballet feet but they sure know what to do with them. 

• Like 3

Good morning !

I would be very grateful for any information regarding WL finals , please .

Are the children provided with lunch ? 

Can anyone suggest a nearby hotel ? ( without having to sell a kidney ! )

Any info / insight would be gratefully received .

My last finalist was a few years ago !

Thank you