Royal Ballet School Auditions 2020

Balletmumlife

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing to reach finals, my daughter did too she's now ended up on the waiting list for mids and reserve list for MDS at another for full time. Such a rollercoaster don't know if we've done right or wrong because despite the finals and offer of a place she's still waiting to see if anything will come of it all 😩

Have everything crossed for your ds 🤞🤞 🤞 

Edited by Dancemum1
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2020 at 14:31, Peanut68 said:

Completely forgot about this one! SWL Advanced Assoc London.... not even sure I know what this actually is? Weekly Saturday lesson? So used to just ticking those boxes! Won’t raise Royal  hopes though as places never came up from SWL for SA’s & summer schools the last couple of years....still, nice to get a ‘maybe’ at least! 

Congrats to the yes’s & rest of our DC’s can try, try & try again! 

Let’s hope good news shared here helps raise all our spirits will looking to a brighter future! xx

Well our journey with RBS after 9 years has  sadly finally come to an end.3 years JA,5 year’s White Lodge and 1 year Advanced. Unfortunately due to our DC commitments at school next year we have had decline the offer of another year in Advanced Associate’s. I know of at least one other person who has also declined the offer. Hopefully this will see movement in the wait list . Good luck to those waiting and fingers crossed there will be some good news for some lucky people soon.One hell of a ride with plenty of ups and downs . Would we do it all again,definitely.RBS has been and amazing journey.

• Like 4

Wow Chunky, that certainly is a long time to be in the ‘Royal Family’! Thank you for sharing your story & I wish your young adult the very best of luck in their ongoing journey....xx
I do an adult class with several people who trained at WL &/or RBS US (when at Talgarth Road) of varying ages & they are all still very much ‘Royal’.... it never leaves you & they never ‘leave’ the Royal! Dare I hope my DD might just get that lucky Royal summons to join the AA of waitlist? Well 🤞🏻🤞🏻for her but whoever are the fortunate ones to secure places I know will deserve & cherish them & I wish all the very best of luck! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo

We let DD’s MA place go well after the deadline, having previously accepted it. We just really struggled with the decision for DD to go full time. RBS were lovely about it, and her MA space was released to another girl in late May, so don’t give up hope if you haven’t heard anything.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

We let DD’s MA place go well after the deadline, having previously accepted it. We just really struggled with the decision for DD to go full time. RBS were lovely about it, and her MA space was released to another girl in late May, so don’t give up hope if you haven’t heard anything.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My ds auditioned in January for Dundee but as auditions haven’t taken place for that centre as yet he has to wait until that takes place before he finds out, which could be August. It’s a long wait for him. Hope you find out soon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Niknik10 said:

My ds auditioned in January for Dundee but as auditions haven’t taken place for that centre as yet he has to wait until that takes place before he finds out, which could be August. It’s a long wait for him. Hope you find out soon. 

That is such a long wait for you...good luck to you x

On 17/04/2020 at 15:54, busydanceparent said:

Hi there, has anyone got a place off the SWL for mids yet? I’ve heard that a couple of places have been handed back but I’m wondering if these get reallocated straight away or it takes time? Thank you! I realise that impatience is getting the better of me! 

I wondered same thing! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...