Jump to content

Rbs summer school 2020


Darcey15
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Dancing feet said:

I spoke with Lauren who said they are using a new system which has not sent everyone’s email but they don’t know who has had an email. Ring and then they will email the result to you. X

Perfect thank you!! Do you have the number please? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 PutYourBooteesOn I just called the school and they said the first batch of emails that went out didn't confirm the date of attendance and residential/non-residential.  The person I spoke to said to just assume you got in to what you applied for. Hope that helps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, FlexyNexy said:

Hi Tokyo Ballerina,
from experience my DD (17) always takes "waiting list" as a no. She did RB last year, this year she is on waiting list so she made plans elsewhere. The lists are very long and it all depends how far up/ down your name is. Good luck x

Thank you, FlexyNexy : ) Well understood. 

We will look for other opportunities while we wait for results from ENBS and Elmhurst. Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please forgive me if this a silly question. We’re based in the US so we’re not as familiar with how the Royal Ballet School chooses students. DS15 is thrilled to be attending the summer intensive at White Lodge this year. Do they ever invite summer intensive students to join the year-round program? Or is that through the formal audition process only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dancingninja said:

Please forgive me if this a silly question. We’re based in the US so we’re not as familiar with how the Royal Ballet School chooses students. DS15 is thrilled to be attending the summer intensive at White Lodge this year. Do they ever invite summer intensive students to join the year-round program? Or is that through the formal audition process only?

Yes students attending summer school could potentially be spotted and offered a full time place or a place as an international scholar. Well done to your son , my DD will also be 15 v soon and will be there weeks 1 and 2 , so they might see each other there 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/01/2020 at 16:30, MPatti said:

 PutYourBooteesOn I just called the school and they said the first batch of emails that went out didn't confirm the date of attendance and residential/non-residential.  The person I spoke to said to just assume you got in to what you applied for. Hope that helps.

Thank you. Clarifies the date.... doesn’t clarify the accommodation option as we had said we would do either. We still will, just need to know which, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dancingninja said:

Please forgive me if this a silly question. We’re based in the US so we’re not as familiar with how the Royal Ballet School chooses students. DS15 is thrilled to be attending the summer intensive at White Lodge this year. Do they ever invite summer intensive students to join the year-round program? Or is that through the formal audition process only?


Yes. All students that have ticked the ‘ would like to be considered for full time place’ will be looked at during the course. There is the chance of being offered a place there and then or being invited back to take classes with students from the school at a later date or private audition.

Even if you hadn’t ticked the box, I’m sure they would still offer a place if they wanted you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/01/2020 at 20:25, Rocco said:

DS (10) has a yes for both spring and summer this year but only made it to SWL for JAs. He’s now worried that he won’t live up to his photos in real life!! 

Ahh fantastic news, congratulations! I'm sure he will have a fab time and SWL JAs is brilliant too 😊 I'm sure he doesn't need to worry. x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/01/2020 at 17:24, dancingninja said:

Please forgive me if this a silly question. We’re based in the US so we’re not as familiar with how the Royal Ballet School chooses students. DS15 is thrilled to be attending the summer intensive at White Lodge this year. Do they ever invite summer intensive students to join the year-round program? Or is that through the formal audition process only?

Hi dancingninja. Yes, a girl was invited to join my daughter's year from the summer school last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AuditionIngenu     69

 

Posted 52 minutes ago

Dear All

I have just received an email from the RBS summer intensives team asking me to confirm or decline my DD's place on the RBS Summer Intensive 2020. At the end of the email it congratulates her for getting a place. 

Last week we received a 'wait list' place and so I was somewhat surprised by the email and delighted of course. However, I thought I had better just call the Intensive team to double check before I broke the news to my DD. They told me it is simply a computer generated email sent to everyone placed or on the wait list. 

My DD is extremely fortunate to be in a vocational school. If we were reliant on RBS outreach opportunities to support local ballet schooling this would have been a really horrible let down. I thought I had better share before anyone else was as confused as me and thought wrongly it was an offer.

I still feel very let down. 

Good luck to everyone who has a place and good luck to those waiting like we are. xx

 

Have just seen this on another thread x

Edited by Justkeepsmiling
Addition to post
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Justkeepsmiling said:

AuditionIngenu     69

 

Posted 52 minutes ago

Dear All

I have just received an email from the RBS summer intensives team asking me to confirm or decline my DD's place on the RBS Summer Intensive 2020. At the end of the email it congratulates her for getting a place. 

Last week we received a 'wait list' place and so I was somewhat surprised by the email and delighted of course. However, I thought I had better just call the Intensive team to double check before I broke the news to my DD. They told me it is simply a computer generated email sent to everyone placed or on the wait list. 

My DD is extremely fortunate to be in a vocational school. If we were reliant on RBS outreach opportunities to support local ballet schooling this would have been a really horrible let down. I thought I had better share before anyone else was as confused as me and thought wrongly it was an offer.

I still feel very let down. 

Good luck to everyone who has a place and good luck to those waiting like we are. xx

 

Have just seen this on another thread x

Ahhh brilliant thank you for clarifying this. It’s a shame that it’s worded this way as I have mistakenly now told my DS he has a place! Never mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, same here. I emailed back questioning it as soon as it arrived but no reply an hour later so I phoned front of house (impatient to know whether it was an offer or an error) and they confirmed that apparently it was a  mistake and sent the email to all instead of just the ‘yes’ applicants. Oops! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes we got the email too. I have to say that for a professional organisation their admin this year has been shocking. Luckily I hadn’t told my DD anything but regardless, this is really disappointing.  @Bunny, I hope your DS isn’t too upset.  Fingers crossed, however, to all of us with WL candidates, that somebody does get lucky, and good luck to all those with a place 🤞🏻

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jete Battu said:

Yes we got the email too. I have to say that for a professional organisation their admin this year has been shocking. Luckily I hadn’t told my DD anything but regardless, this is really disappointing.  @Bunny, I hope your DS isn’t too upset.  Fingers crossed, however, to all of us with WL candidates, that somebody does get lucky, and good luck to all those with a place 🤞🏻

It is a shame! My DS is not too upset as he has been offered spring and is a JA so already has opportunities with RBS, but I feel for those children who perhaps don’t and have received this email.

 

Fingers crossed for us all! x

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Newdancermum said:

My first thought it is the new system.  You no longer have a record of what you applied for and the system emails are unclear.

Thats very true. As you say at least with the old system you could go back through your account to see where you were with everything. I’m really not so keen on this new one. The number of errors I’ve experienced and read about is terrible. Lets hope they fix it - and soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is that with the online profile? I’ve always thought it odd that we have nothing more than the initial JA audition info and receipt for payment on there. Anything since hasn’t appeared anywhere so it’s been a case of constantly checking/searching emails for things like invoices or events. I thought I’d done something wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Is that with the online profile? I’ve always thought it odd that we have nothing more than the initial JA audition info and receipt for payment on there. Anything since hasn’t appeared anywhere so it’s been a case of constantly checking/searching emails for things like invoices or events. I thought I’d done something wrong. 


We don’t even have an online profile as far as I can see.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah I’ve already told my DD and she was so happy to join....

I have to tell her it was an error....

 

There are so many children who have dreams to join RBS intensive that I want them to be more careful..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...