Rbs summer school 2020

Darcey15

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, just received the email but it does not mention whether we have accommodation and the dates seem to be wrong 13th of July until 8th of August? My ds will be 10 so applied for intensives at White Lodge )lower School). I am worried it is a mistake as the offer for Spring intensive was worded differently and specified White Lodge Richmond and also stated that a residential place was offered. 

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi All, just received the email but it does not mention whether we have accommodation and the dates seem to be wrong 13th of July until 8th of August? My ds will be 10 so applied for intensives at White Lodge )lower School). I am worried it is a mistake as the offer for Spring intensive was worded differently and specified White Lodge Richmond and also stated that a residential place was offered. 

don't worry I have called the intensive team - we got the same email as you - hopefully they will call back - but it is a yes.  congratulations!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coniger said:

don't worry I have called the intensive team - we got the same email as you - hopefully they will call back - but it is a yes.  congratulations!

Thank you Coniger, but did you speak to them? Was your application also for the intensive at White Lodge (i.e. for under 16 years old)? 

I called but they said to call back in the morning. Just wanted to be sure before I tell him, lol. thanks again and congratulations to you too. 

We got a yes for our DD.

Also confused about dates but checked application and have applied for 3&4.  So guessing that is what she got

She will be thrilled always had wait list for Summer.  She did Spring last year and got waitlist this year.  Who knows their thinking.

Good luck to everyone waiting xx

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thank you Coniger, but did you speak to them? Was your application also for the intensive at White Lodge (i.e. for under 16 years old)? 

I called but they said to call back in the morning. Just wanted to be sure before I tell him, lol. thanks again and congratulations to you too. 

yes my DS will be at white lodge too but is a couple of years older than your son so will be a different week although can't remember the date - all I know is it is week 2 because I looked back through my emails.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BalletBear said:

Hi everyone, does anybody know if just the White Lodge results are out or if Covent Garden ones are too? Xx

I just emailed them regarding the date/accommodation confusion and got an automated reply saying that Upper School Summer Intensive Results will be issued on Thursday 16 January

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

I just emailed them regarding the date/accommodation confusion and got an automated reply saying that Upper School Summer Intensive Results will be issued on Thursday 16 January

Thank you, that’s very helpful (though I’m really not expecting anything!). Congratulations to everyone who got a yes and best wishes to everyone with a not yet 💕 xx

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

Well done to those accepted!!! 
To anyone who hasn’t, don’t forget, this is just one of many great summer school programmes. :) 

We got ‘waitlist’ which I’m surprised we even got that as DS only turns 10 just before it starts. Expected a no.

Does anyone know if they still do a tiered wait list (‘selected’ or ‘short’ waitlist/‘priority’ waitlist/or just wait list)? 

3 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

We also got a no and DD is a JA, so wondering where that leaves us on our JA journey? We are new to all this and find it so confusing at times...so a no for SS as a current JA, is there still a chance for Mids?

I wouldn’t take it as an indication of future opportunities to be honest - DS is a JA too (new to yr5 so is playing catch up) and I didn’t expect anything to be honest. From what others have said Summer tends to be a bigger mix of young international dancers and non-JAs so I guess this is where they scout for other potentially talented young dancers. :) 
We couldn’t apply for Spring as he doesn’t turn 10 till late May but we probably will try that one instead next year. We’ve also been looking into a few other summer programmes too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

I wouldn’t take it as an indication of future opportunities to be honest - DS is a JA too (new to yr5 so is playing catch up) and I didn’t expect anything to be honest. From what others have said Summer tends to be a bigger mix of young international dancers and non-JAs so I guess this is where they scout for other potentially talented young dancers. :) 
We couldn’t apply for Spring as he doesn’t turn 10 till late May but we probably will try that one instead next year. We’ve also been looking into a few other summer programmes too. 

Thankyou, my DD is also new to Year 5 JA and also was too young for spring as she's not 10 until May ...she got a straight No, not wait list has made us very inexperienced RBS parents a bit unsure of everything x

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Thankyou, my DD is also new to Year 5 JA and also was too young for spring as she's not 10 until May ...she got a straight No, not wait list has made us very inexperienced RBS parents a bit unsure of everything x

Similar situation then. They still have two years left of applying for this course level so it’s still very early days for them. :) 

I can only imagine there are far fewer boys applying which might give boys a sort of unfair advantage in terms of waitlist so please don’t take it to heart the ‘waitlist vs no’ thing (just think, only one or two will prob get yes from a wait list anyway, that’s all and I can’t imagine they can tell a great deal from photos alone). I know the application numbers are huge and from what I’ve read and heard there are only a small number of places given to JAs on the summer course. I’m certainly not holding out any hope. 

To be a JA is incredible as it is. ❤️ 😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Similar situation then. They still have two years left of applying for this course level so it’s still very early days for them. :) 

I can only imagine there are far fewer boys applying which might give boys a sort of unfair advantage in terms of waitlist so please don’t take it to heart the ‘waitlist vs no’ thing (just think, only one or two will prob get yes from a wait list anyway, that’s all and I can’t imagine they can tell a great deal from photos alone). I know the application numbers are huge and from what I’ve read and heard there are only a small number of places given to JAs on the summer course. I’m certainly not holding out any hope. 

To be a JA is incredible as it is. ❤️ 😊

Yes you are right, it is incredible we feel absoloutley privileged that DD has the chance to be a JA. I just find it a bit confusing at times 😜 xx

• Like 2