La Scala Sleeping Beauty

Based on the Instagram stories of Nicoletta Manni, it looks like there was a La Scala production of Sleeping Beauty on Italian TV last night, with Manni as Aurora. Not sure if this information is of any use to anyone, but thought I'd post in case someone has access to any catch up service for Italian channels.

I don't know much about La Scala, but have enjoyed many of Manni's posts since I started following her on Instagram after seeing her rehearse on World Ballet Day. Crossing my fingers that this performance might end up available to a wider audience at some point in the future!

A bit of Googling brings up this page http://www.teatroallascala.org/en/season/2018-2019/ballet/the-sleeping-beauty.html which says "A pre-recorded brodcast will be available in Italy on RAI 5 on 31 December, and on Italian and international cinema circuits on a date to be defined." so maybe it might turn up on cinema screens in the UK at some point. It doesn't seem to specify which performance was filmed but if it's one of the ones where Manni was dancing opposite Timofej Andrijashenko (who I believe is her real-life partner too) then I'd love to see it, as I thought he was excellent standing-in as Romeo for the RB last season.

• Like 1

Many thanks for this information Dawnstar, it seems there may be some hope for a cinema screening as you say, I'll have to keep an eye on their website!

Interesting point about the performance date. It looks like she was standing in for Zakharova on the dates she partnered Andrijashenko, so I wonder if Zakharova was intended for the filmed performance instead? Either way, I'm glad to have the possibility of Manni on film! (I'm a fan of Zakharova, but I have many of her filmed performances, so seeing Manni would be a much rarer treat).