Press Release: Casting for English National Ballet's 70th Anniversary Gala

TUFTVEVSIExPR08uanBn

English National Ballet celebrates 70th Anniversary
London Coliseum
Friday 17 & Saturday 18 January 2020

www.ballet.org.uk

English National Ballet today announces casting for its three specially curated gala performances at the London Coliseum (17 & 18 January) in celebration of the Company’s 70th Anniversary.

Showcasing the world-class talent of the entire Company, alongside the future stars of the ballet world from English National Ballet School, these performances include some of the most important and ground-breaking works that make up English National Ballet’s diverse repertoire.

The gala performances will begin with a blend of film and performance. Using archive footage of English National Ballet, Dominic Best, who directed BBC documentaries Good Swan, Bad Swan: Dancing Swan Lake and Giselle: Belle of the Ballet, will create a special film which will dissolve into live performance on stage.

NzB0aCBBbm5pdmVyc2FyeSBHYWxhIC0gY2FzdGluZ19QYWdlXzEuanBn

NzB0aCBBbm5pdmVyc2FyeSBHYWxhIC0gY2FzdGluZ19QYWdlXzIuanBn

Please note that Onegin will not be performed as previously announced.

Performance details are subject to change. 

-ENDS-

English National Ballet is a National Portfolio Organisation supported by Arts Council England.

Notes to Editors

Listings

English National Ballet’s 70th Anniversary Gala
London Coliseum

Friday 17 & Saturday 18 January 2020
Box Office: 020 7845 9300 or www.ballet.org.uk/70th-anniversary-gala 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, alison said:

I thought they said it was illness back then, that was all.  No reason it can't be both, of course, if she's exceptionally unlucky.

Yes, she's been off for weeks with illness; I think this is the first time they've said 'injury'.

11 minutes ago, Irmgard said:

Was at the run-through last night.  Yes, all the excerpts (some VERY short) are in the first half and then the second half is taken up with "Etudes".  Running time approximately three hours.

The email I had from the Coliseum says that there are two intervals. Is this not going to be the case? 

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

The email I had from the Coliseum says that there are two intervals. Is this not going to be the case? 

This is part of the email I got about tonight's performance:

'The performance starts at 19.30 and lasts approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes, including two intervals.' 

I imagine they could be wrong? 

Edited by Janite

Despite the email there is only one interval 

And it was a wonderful evening, the first time for me that I had seen many of the dancers. Frola's jumps and Jeffrey Cirio generally were especially good. 

Edited by Janite
  • Like 5