Bolshoi ballet academy summer intensive (New York & Connecticut)

coniger

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Bolshoi ballet academy summer intensive (New York & Connecticut)
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @coniger!

The Russian-American Foundation does bring real Bolshoi teachers to BBASI CT and NYC, and it is a real Russian intensive. The ballet classes are conducted in Russian, and Russian-language classes are offered to participants. 

My daughter  has auditioned twice for BBASI CT, though competing offers have meant she has not attended the intensive thus far. She really enjoyed both audition classes (one in Toronto, and just last weekend in NYC,) and felt she learned a lot from even the auditions.. Her friends who have attended the program have reported good progress.

The pacing does seem quicker than students might experience in Russia, as it is tailored for the American market, but it's the real work! 

On 15/01/2020 at 15:57, Chellen said:

The Russian-American Foundation does bring real Bolshoi teachers to BBASI CT and NYC, and it is a real Russian intensive. The ballet classes are conducted in Russian, and Russian-language classes are offered to participants. 

Aah, that's useful to know.

My error - I was confusing this Summer Intensive with one of the many SIs in the US that use the tag of 'Bolshoi dancers' or Bolshoi teachers.' Any connection with Russian ballet has a strong  cachet in the USA, and there's a huge Russian influence in training there, because of the generations of emigres and refugees from Russia, since the early 20th century. 

18 hours ago, NinaNina said:

We are attending the U.K. audition next month for the Italy intensive.....anyone else?

looks like a great experience although seems expensive compared to other programmes.

NinaNina - The Italy, Switzerland, Australia and  Moscow programs are run by Russian Ballet International (different from the USA BBASI organisation, which I hear good things about too ). The Russian Ballet International teachers are from The Bolshoi Academy and you can audition for the Moscow program too.  See bio of teachers...

http://www.russianballetinternational.com/2018/09/24/sydney-australia-january-2nd-to-12th-2018/

NinaNina my DD has done the Sydney intensives run by the same teachers as Italy etc.  It is expensive but they are very good.  Very challenging.

Edited by DD Driver

• 4 weeks later...