Is there such a thing as men’s ballet shoes?

epic

Ballet flats aren't even left and right. They shape that way as you wear them. You'll have to make a choice of split or straight sole, leather or canvas as well as colour. For years I wore black leather, straight sole Freed but over the last couple of years I've gone to split sole canvas, still black. If you can, visit a dance shop and try on a few different makes.

• Like 1

Trog and Pictures are correct; however, some online dance shops do have a men’s shoes category:

https://www.movedancewear.com/dance-shoes/ballet-shoes/#language_id=1&pg_reset=1&lp_106=5&lpo_106=5&hp_106=37&hpo_106=37&uet=1&eis=0&a_101[]=103&sort_bp=1&sort=BS&pt=Ballet+Shoes

Definitely worth visiting a good dance shop to get properly fitted though. 

• Like 1

When I returned to ballet ....can't believe it nearly ten years ago now ...the first pair of shoes I bought were from Freeds and these were definitely men's shoes for the size and fit etc ....mainly the extra width I need they were in black ....can't remember whether I had to have them especially made in black but the following year I did have them especially made in pink! They were really slightly too long though. 

Then I discovered Bloch and now always wear their make because they are a wider fit but without the extra bit of length etc. And these are not specifically men's. The split soles whether canvas or leather ( I usually have the leather ones) are a good fit but the all leather normal sole shoe seems narrower again 😬

I suppose it depends on your size feet some men might have size 8 or less so could fit into any ballet flat but if you're bigger than size 8 then usually it comes under men's category. I don't know about Bloch because once I could get my normal size with the extra width I didn't need to go into men's sizes as did at Freeds. 

I seem to remember the Freeds men’s were in either black or white! 
Because of my awkward feet I usually like to try on any kind of shoes including ballet shoes rather than buy online ...If it’s first time trying etc.

Do any of the main London shops like Freeds Bloch Capezio or Dancia etc sell Grishko flats? 
Am always interested in a wider shoe. 

• 3 weeks later...