YBSS scholarship auditions

abitwornout

The results from the scholarship auditions should be out before the closing date for applications which is 1st March, so yes if you have been awarded a scholarship you then need to fill out an application form stating which week you are attending. If the results are late coming, you still need to ensure you have filled out an application form by the 1st March, you can state in there that you can only attend if you receive a scholarship- good luck!!

1 hour ago, Stellar said:

The results from the scholarship auditions should be out before the closing date for applications which is 1st March, so yes if you have been awarded a scholarship you then need to fill out an application form stating which week you are attending. If the results are late coming, you still need to ensure you have filled out an application form by the 1st March, you can state in there that you can only attend if you receive a scholarship- good luck!!

Thank you 

And remember too that they can offer bursary assistance which may pay some or all of a week or more! You need to look at the bursary info on website for conditions so you can dertermine if you could qualify to be considered & how to apply.... not do not let the finance put you off applying! After all, if it really is not possible you can always turn a place down....

ive said elsewhere on here too that sometimes you can ‘think outside the box! to help pay for these things....money from family/friends for Xmas/birthday rowards dance fund, selling things, doing a fundraiser cream tea or similar....Also chevk fit local charities that may support the Arts or even Lions/Rotary clubs etc 

🤞🏻🤞🏻 to all attending scholarship auditions but it’s not the only way to be able to raise the funds to go!! 

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Where was her audition? We are waiting on Birmingham? Well done too!!

We went for a bursary-funded place rather than a scholarship as you don’t have to attend an audition. DD is at vocational school so it would have cost £££ if I’d travelled to pick her up and take her to scholarship auditions, with no guarantee of even getting a paid-for place. 

15 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Are any scholarship audition results out or application results? Thanks 

My 2 attended scholarship audition in Leeds. Unfortunately no for scholarship (no surprise really) but delighted to be offered place for both of them. They can travel together, so I won't have to (from Málaga).

• Like 2

Just now, Mamaderuby said:

My 2 attended scholarship audition in Leeds. Unfortunately no for scholarship (no surprise really) but delighted to be offered place for both of them. They can travel together, so I won't have to (from Málaga).

Did they mention the scholarship in the email? We did an application a couple of days ago as I wasn’t sure if we needed to do that as well as the audition. We got a waiting list place today but no mention of the audition/scholarship...

1 hour ago, busydanceparent said:

Did they mention the scholarship in the email? We did an application a couple of days ago as I wasn’t sure if we needed to do that as well as the audition. We got a waiting list place today but no mention of the audition/scholarship...

They did. It said unfortunately they could not offer scholarship this time, but were delighted to offer a place (or something like that). We also did application as well as attending scholarship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mamaderuby said:

They did. It said unfortunately they could not offer scholarship this time, but were delighted to offer a place (or something like that). We also did application as well as attending scholarship.

Thank you. Interesting - I wonder why our email didn’t mention the audition...will email to check...

16 minutes ago, Skintdancemum said:

My dd has been lucky enough to receive a scholarship for week 1 . She’s beyond excited ! 

Congratulations!👏 Has she been before? Mine are not quite sure what to expect. Are there many groups? How many in a class?  Are they grouped by age/level/or a combination?Are boys trained separately? What kind of masterclasses/activities are on in the evening? So many questions! Anyone?

1 minute ago, Mamaderuby said:

Congratulations!👏 Has she been before? Mine are not quite sure what to expect. Are there many groups? How many in a class?  Are they grouped by age/level/or a combination?Are boys trained separately? What kind of masterclasses/activities are on in the evening? So many questions! Anyone?

Yes she went last year and had the time of her life ! They are group by age and the boys are separate for some lessons but not sure if for all , classes not too big .  They have lots of fun activities at night like treasure hunt , quizzes and a disco as well as some master classes but think they tend to be geared for the older ones but the younger ones get to Watch  and learn . Hope old are your dd and ds mine is 13 x 

9 minutes ago, Skintdancemum said:

Yes she went last year and had the time of her life ! They are group by age and the boys are separate for some lessons but not sure if for all , classes not too big .  They have lots of fun activities at night like treasure hunt , quizzes and a disco as well as some master classes but think they tend to be geared for the older ones but the younger ones get to Watch  and learn . Hope old are your dd and ds mine is 13 x 

Thankyou. Sounds like fun! DD is 16 and DS will turn 15 in June.