Wanted XXL wrap skirt

Tango Dancer

Hi

I'd really like a wrap skirt for ballet class but I am struggling to find them in larger sizes.  Does anyone know where I might obtain one?  I'm about a size 18 in street clothes and it seems impossible to find anything close online.  I don't want to go to physical shops because I'm concerned people will laugh at the fat woman doing ballet (like they did when I looked at shoes in a couple of shops) so would prefer online.  Does anyone have any ideas which makes I could try?  I love my ballet class and while there isn't a class uniform I'd like to look more like a dancer when I do it. 

Thanks

Don't know if I'm allowed to suggest myself but I sew ballet wrap skirts on etsy for people of all sizes (it started out as I was struggling to find ones long enough) - the largest I've made is a 48" waist so far - and would be happy to make you one to fit your measurements.

I currently only have plain chiffon options available on my shop - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/601772920/womens-ballet-skirt-custom-size-choose

but do have lots of other patterns available - more fabric examplesfacebook page

I keep meaning to get serious about it. advertise more and turn it into a proper business because I am fed up that as a tall size 10 I am often an L/XL and almost sized out of dancewear despite being relatively on the small side of adults who dance so want to make things that fit everyone. 

• Like 2

I'm very happy for you to suggest yourself.  Your skirts look lovely and actually a bit longer than the ones I've seen which is good. I will find a tape measure and send you an order later this week. 

I know what you mean about being sized out of things.  It's a real shame that they don't make dancewear in larger sizes as a rule.  I had great difficulty finding a larger leotard with some chest support.  If you made things in larger sizes, I would certainly consider buying them. 

• Like 2