Jump to content

Tring CBA audition 1st Dec 2019 - any advice?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, margarite said:

My daughter didn’t get a place when she auditioned for CBA in 2017. As far as I can remember her letter said something along the lines of ‘ blah blah unfortunately not offering xx a place at this time. But her dancing was of a good standard, so we recommend working on xxx and xxxx and coming back and trying again.’ 

Tring send three types of letter, yes, no and come back. I know of people who have had the ‘come back’ letter several times and also those that have have turned a no into a yes on a second attempt - so nothing is ever a ‘forever no’ xx


Thank you Margarite, did your DD apply again or did she move on elsewhere? I’m not too disheartened as she is with TLBC. 
My no letter from Tring was apply for Tring Park Schools other Associates Programmes which I’m assuming means she needs more training? Xx

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TKT said:


Thank you Margarite, did your DD apply again or did she move on elsewhere? I’m not too disheartened as she is with TLBC. 
My no letter from Tring was apply for Tring Park Schools other Associates Programmes which I’m assuming means she needs more training? Xx

She was going to apply again the following November, but got into London Children’s Ballet that autumn so her Sundays were taken up with that and then she got a FT place at Hammond.

I do hope your DD tries again. One girl I heard of got an outright no for CBA then was waitlisted for RBS JAs a couple of weeks later which is no mean feat! She got into CBA the second time.

You should look at Ballet Boost they have a very good scheme too x

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, margarite said:

She was going to apply again the following November, but got into London Children’s Ballet that autumn so her Sundays were taken up with that and then she got a FT place at Hammond.

I do hope your DD tries again. One girl I heard of got an outright no for CBA then was waitlisted for RBS JAs a couple of weeks later which is no mean feat! She got into CBA the second time.

You should look at Ballet Boost they have a very good scheme too x


Thank you so much for your kind encouragement. My DD is auditioning for RBS MA in January, as again it’ll be a wonderful experience. Yes we’ve looked at Ballet Boost as Devon is very local to us so we’ll audition in the Spring. My DD needs the experience as she’s only been dancing less than a year... I just wish her current school would offer more than 1 ballet session a week... She dances across all the genres but it’s ballet she loves x

Edited by TKT
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I just found out I wasn’t offered a place either. My letter just mentioned the other programmes but nothing about auditioning again. Sorry for anyone else that didn’t get in💕. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any students who weren’t excepted into any associate schemes but got a full-time 16+ place at a school? It’s times like this when it’s all a bit disheartening and I’ve just got to tell my self to keep going! Best wishes to everyone for the future xx

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, margarite said:

She was going to apply again the following November, but got into London Children’s Ballet that autumn so her Sundays were taken up with that and then she got a FT place at Hammond.

I do hope your DD tries again. One girl I heard of got an outright no for CBA then was waitlisted for RBS JAs a couple of weeks later which is no mean feat! She got into CBA the second time.

You should look at Ballet Boost they have a very good scheme too x

My daughter was a "come back" for Tring CBA and she then got a place at BBAs which is at Rambert, Richmond. She took that place and has never looked back! Emma Northmore is the director and is fully hands on with all the children and parents. She responds always to any question you have. Excellent calibre of teachers also. She also gained a place on their ABA which is more elite and consists of classes of 8 (elephant and castle 2/3 Saturdays per month)

Edited by Reachforthemoonhitthestars
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BalletBear said:

Hi! I just found out I wasn’t offered a place either. My letter just mentioned the other programmes but nothing about auditioning again. Sorry for anyone else that didn’t get in💕. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any students who weren’t excepted into any associate schemes but got a full-time 16+ place at a school? It’s times like this when it’s all a bit disheartening and I’ve just got to tell my self to keep going! Best wishes to everyone for the future xx


Oh BalletBear I am sorry to here it was a no for you too... Although a lovely experience, I agree it is disheartening. My DD would love to go to vocational school so I’ll look forward to anyone who can answer this thread for you. Have you auditioned for any other associate schemes? Xx

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Reachforthemoonhitthestars said:

My daughter was a "come back" for Tring CBA and she then got a place at BBAs which is at Rambert, Richmond. She took that place and has never looked back! Emma Northmore is the director and is fully hands on with all the children and parents. She responds always to any question you have. Excellent calibre of teachers also. She also gained a place on their ABA which is more elite and consists of classes of 8 (elephant and castle 2/3 Saturdays per month)


Wow that’s an amazing achievement! Well some your DD! Lots of people on previous threads have complemented Ballet Boost, which is why we’ve applied for the spring auditions. It certainly gives us something to look forward to... Do you know what BB look for in their auditions? Xx

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TKT said:


Oh BalletBear I am sorry to here it was a no for you too... Although a lovely experience, I agree it is disheartening. My DD would love to go to vocational school so I’ll look forward to anyone who can answer this thread for you. Have you auditioned for any other associate schemes? Xx

Thank you! Yes, I agree it was a lonely experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ve auditioned for elmhurst and another smaller one that is reasonably local to me (I live in quite a rural area). I wonder if it may partially be because I’m in year 11 and so there are less places because not many people would leave in such an important year? Anyways, onwards and upwards! Good luck to your dd x

Edited by BalletBear
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BalletBear said:

Thank you! Yes, I agree it was a lonely experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ve auditioned for elmhurst and another smaller one that is reasonably local to me (I live in quite a rural area). I wonder if it may partially be because I’m in year 11 and so there are less places because not many people would leave in such an important year? Anyways, onwards and upwards! Good luck to your dd x

As others have said, there definitely will be fewer places available from the November auditions because the current cohort will only have completed one term in their respective groups and any places that might have become available over the summer (DD1 gave up her place after last year to focus on GCSEs and local dance training) will have only just been filled.

In May (for a September start) there is a better chance as there will be dancers who are coming to the end of their training.

Definitely worth trying again in May!

10 hours ago, BalletBear said:

Hi! I just found out I wasn’t offered a place either. My letter just mentioned the other programmes but nothing about auditioning again. Sorry for anyone else that didn’t get in💕. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any students who weren’t excepted into any associate schemes but got a full-time 16+ place at a school? It’s times like this when it’s all a bit disheartening and I’ve just got to tell my self to keep going! Best wishes to everyone for the future xx

@BalletBear Central School of Ballet definitely has a history of taking dancers who have not previously attended full time vocational school and I believe there are cases where they've accepted dancers who were not Associates. I assume in those cases the local training they were having was very high calibre. It may also have been the case that they were taking private lessons in the run up to auditions.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really good on this forum to share & hear of all news.... the good, the bad & - dare I say? - the ugly!

The good news can spur others on to try again, the conversions over time of no’s to yes’s are always really encouraging & even hearing about what can seem a brutal ‘No’ does offer to readers a level of empathy & solidarity. 

Speaking as a parent of DC with experience of no’s, wait lists, reserve lists, and the odd very happy YES along the way! 

Have gained advice, empathy & laughter  by sharing & reading things on this forum!! Good for a sanity check & private messaging has proved invaluable in getting (& sharing) info & advice, do thx to all who make this a great place to ‘visit’!

 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sereia said:

I’m so sorry to hear of those of you who haven’t been given places this time around. I wasn’t sure whether to post or not, but my dd was very lucky to receive a yes from CBA yesterday. She is over the moon and looking forward to her first session in January. 

Big congrats to your DD Sereia :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sereia said:

I’m so sorry to hear of those of you who haven’t been given places this time around. I wasn’t sure whether to post or not, but my dd was very lucky to receive a yes from CBA yesterday. She is over the moon and looking forward to her first session in January. 


Yay 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Well done... Huge congratulations x

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sereia said:

I’m so sorry to hear of those of you who haven’t been given places this time around. I wasn’t sure whether to post or not, but my dd was very lucky to receive a yes from CBA yesterday. She is over the moon and looking forward to her first session in January. 

Massive congratulations to your dd! I’m glad you posted, I think it’s really important to celebrate moments like these! I hope she has the best time ever! Xx

 

PS. Do you mind me asking how old she is? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much @Overmyhead#, @TKT & @BalletBear 🤗 

 

5 hours ago, BalletBear said:

Massive congratulations to your dd! I’m glad you posted, I think it’s really important to celebrate moments like these! I hope she has the best time ever! Xx

 

PS. Do you mind me asking how old she is? 

 

She is 8, in year 4 at school. She will be going into Girls group 1😊 x

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 04/12/2019 at 21:38, TKT said:


Wow that’s an amazing achievement! Well some your DD! Lots of people on previous threads have complemented Ballet Boost, which is why we’ve applied for the spring auditions. It certainly gives us something to look forward to... Do you know what BB look for in their auditions? Xx

For them to dance from their heart. They do like good technique but it's about the love of dance and for a child to really go for it. They have a very holistic approach to dance

 "Nurture the dancer within". My dd danced for her life and it paid off. Look at their website, they love to celebrate succeses also xxx

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Reachforthemoonhitthestars said:

For them to dance from their heart. They do like good technique but it's about the love of dance and for a child to really go for it. They have a very holistic approach to dance

 "Nurture the dancer within". My dd danced for her life and it paid off. Look at their website, they love to celebrate succeses also xxx

 

Hello Reachfor... and a belated welcome to the Forum!

 

I love your username (very Now Voyager!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what sort of thing DC are expected to do in the CBA audition? I imagine my DD will be auditioning for Group 1. Had a look through previous threads but haven't turned much up...

 

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...